Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
- He was playing for Wigan.
- Martinez said we were challenging for the top four this season.
- We got linked to him.
- I was pleased that we were going to sign him.

How is that not answering your question ?

Jesus Christ lad

Did you think McCarthy was good enough to play in a top 4 side when he was a Wigan player yes or no?

Its funny cos I watched Sland the other day and found myself focusing on Colback, he aint all that IMO, he doesnt really do anything well. A lot like when I watched McCarthy at Wigan, so who knows.

Its funny cos I watched Sland the other day and found myself focusing on Colback, he aint all that IMO, he doesnt really do anything well. A lot like when I watched McCarthy at Wigan, so who knows.

Sort of what I am getting at to be honest

Can't really judge how a player will turn out until he's here playing under Martinez and his tactics

Can't really judge how a player will turn out until he's here playing under Martinez and his tactics

Well he doesnt matter, we wont sign him, we have our quote of Ginges.

The Premier League rules limit the amount of Gingers in every squad.

Quite stunned no one has picked up Bibras Natkho yet

Probably demanding mega-wages mate, or at least a large signing on fee. Schalke were close a few weeks back, but it looks like they going all out for Holtby - who if he's available would be perfect for our situation atm. Better back up and covers 3 positions in midfield. I can't see Spurs selling to a rival though, if there were any interest.

If martinez can make anyone top class, we don't need to buy players at all, like.

Colback isn't of the standard needed, not remotely and I've watched loads of the lad.

Echoes of McCarthy prior to his signing in this thread.
Colback has spent almost 200 PL appearances playing for one of the direst teams in the league.
If Martinez recognizes he can contribute and gets him on a FREE- then I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back