Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just waiting for the "Cabaye's head wasn't right to play" line from Pardeux on Tuesday now. This first bid from PSG is to test the water. They can afford much, much more and will inevitably pay it.

Wouldn't mind Colback on a free in the summer. He's one of Slands better players to be fair and he's versatile. We do need players like this who are decent on the ball, young enough to develop into our system and have experience at this level.

Canales according to some papers.

Now he's a lot better than someone like Colback.

And no it isn't because he's a fancy foreign name. It's because he's better at football.

Canales according to some papers.

Now he's a lot better than someone like Colback.

And no it isn't because he's a fancy foreign name. It's because he's better at football.

They play completely different positions. Yes, Canales is the better player, but he'd also cost a lot of money. Colback would be a free in the summer.

Bobby has gone through the Mondial agency twice now with the signings of Kone and Traore. Here's a list of their clients:

Axel Witsel Zenit
Thibaut Courtois Atlético
Raphaël Varane Real Madrid
Eduardo Salvio Benfica
Geoffrey Kondogbia Monaco
Mateo Kovacic Inter Milan
Florian Thauvin Marseille
Lassana Diarra Lokomotiv Moscow
Dimitri Payet Marseille
Hatem Ben Arfa Newcastle
Sofiane Feghouli Valencia
Younès Belhanda Dynamo Kyiv
Rodrigo Benfica
Josuha Guilavogui Atletico
Lucas Ocampos Monaco
Fernando Shakhtar (Not the Porto fella)
Romain Alessandrini Rennes
Ganso Sao Paulo
Paulo Dybala Palermo
Felipe Anderson Lazio
Mateo Musacchio Villarreal
Giannelli Imbula Marseille
Yannick Ferreira-Carrasco Monaco
Denis Cheryshev Sevilla
Emmanuel Rivière Monaco
Anthony Martial Monaco
Vincent Aboubakar Lorient
Benjamin Mendy Marseille
Sébastien Corchia Sochaux
Adrien Rabiot PSG
Raphaël Guerreiro Lorient
Yassine Benzia Lyon

Guilavogui really stood out to me because a) he can't get a game for Atletico in a World Cup year b) Bobby has been there for Robles.

Looking for an Oviedo replacement? Plays similarly to him

They play completely different positions. Yes, Canales is the better player, but he'd also cost a lot of money. Colback would be a free in the summer.

Apparently he'd cost us 4-6m. For that i'd take him.

They may play different roles but both of them play (or have played) in central midfield.

It's not like comparing a striker to a defender in fairness Tubes!

Apparently he'd cost us 4-6m. For that i'd take him.

They may play different roles but both of them play (or have played) in central midfield.

It's not like comparing a striker to a defender in fairness Tubes!

Colback is a deeper lying midfielder and equally adept at left back, Canales is an attacking mid in the mould of Osman/Barkley.

I'd take a punt on Canales too but I just don't see why that would preclude us from having an interest in Colback - a player who has five years experience at Premier League level and hardly put a foot wrong and is still the right side of 25. On a free.

Colback is a deeper lying midfielder and equally adept at left back, Canales is an attacking mid in the mould of Osman/Barkley.

I'd take a punt on Canales too but I just don't see why that would preclude us from having an interest in Colback - a player who has five years experience at Premier League level and hardly put a foot wrong and is still the right side of 25. On a free.

If he's that good of a prospect you'd have thought Sunderland would have renewed his contract by now.

Colback ffs. We're supposed to be after the Champions League.

I think in a few years time Canales will be playing like arteta did for us, more of a deep player who will start off attacks and make us play if you get what i mean.

Don't get me wrong with Colback if he signed i'd give him my full support and give him a chance like every player deserves, i just don't rate him myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back