Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot to mention endless obsession with players too young to make an impact.

People really need to reconsider this statement as it isn't only you that thinks young players can't make an impact. Are you really that blind that Lukaku, Barkley, and Deulofeu have just slipped your mind? You may counter by saying that they are the exception as they have massive talent for their age but that's the point I don't think people are suggesting that these younger players come in and fire us into the title race but that they are good enough and hungry enough to a.) provide real impetus for the elder statesmen to raise their game b.) make an impact in the latter stages of games c.) get trained in the martinez way as young as possible and developing the confidence that he can give them

Last edited:
I could see colback coming in tbh can cover lb and lm an can play cm think it would be a clever signing tbh an yes he's not that great i know but should only cost a minimal fee with his contract up in the summer

I haven't really took noticed of Colback other than in the cup games season before last when he did ok at Goodison. Plays LM and LB.

If not him then we need someone who can fill in like that after Oviedo's injury.

I actually think Colback has the makings of a really good player.

I haven't really took noticed of Colback other than in the cup games season before last when he did ok at Goodison. Plays LM and LB.

If not him then we need someone who can fill in like that after Oviedo's injury.

Sunderland fans don't rate him at all. If he's not showing it at one of the worst clubs in the league I don't see how he's going to make the step up here.

Not really sure on who we can get as cover for Oviedo though mate.

Sorry mate but the thread title describes it quite well for most of the content.

And can't you use the report feature to highlight this to the admin with a quick note pal, rather than complain for everyone to see. Cheers.

I'm not reporting anyone like a little rat....it gets annoying lying in a hospital bed (cries) and seeing page after page of items not linked to the thread....mods are pretty quick on here ordinarily

Could we put the loan rules on a sticky thread or something? I bet half of this thread is just the same conversations of:

"How many loans can we have?"

"4, we can't have any more"

"I thought we could have as many as we want from abroad?"

"Nah that got changed last year"

"I thought that didn't include the PL until next year?"

"I don't know, we should sign Barry so we can free up a loan spot"

It's bloody mind numbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back