Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's any truth in the Lukaku story at all, we have to go for him. £20mil shouldn't be too much too ask! We should have the money.

Tbh we should, but should we spend the majority, if not all of our summer budget on him?. Im not so sure we should when we need other players for the team aswell!

Make the CL and all this is a different matter altogether, but it's a big IF right now. Beat them Tuesday and weve got a right chance, especially if other results go our way, City beat Spurs Wednesday, Arsenal do Liverpool the following week and we go on and beat Villa at home, we would be in a very healthy position!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ws-momo-sissoko-move-to-crystal-palace-stalls

"Sky Sports understands talks between Momo Sissoko and Crystal Palace have broken down.

We revealed on Friday that Sissoko had arrived in England and was holding discussions with Palace over a proposed move to Selhurst Park.

However, Sky Sports has learnt that the meetings have failed to bear fruit and now a number of rival Premier League clubs are set to take an interest.

It is understood up to four top-flight teams are looking at Sissoko, who is a free agent.

Sissoko left Paris Saint Germain last summer after finishing the previous campaign on loan at Fiorentina."

I know he's been discussed on here before, but to help out till the end of the season, would he help/improve us at all?!

would he improve us at all? no.
would he help us at all? well ye a squad addition is always helpful.
do i want him at all? absolutely not.

where's the money at Bill? Can't believe I've jumped on that band wagon but come on seriously, where's the fooking coin goin?

Martinez really doesn't want to waste money in this window, doesn't like it and knows clubs can get robbed. Would prefer to save his money, add to his kitty in the summer and do his main deals then when there's more time to negotiate and players do become available at more reasonable prices.

Martinez really doesn't want to waste money in this window, doesn't like it and knows clubs can get robbed. Would prefer to save his money, add to his kitty in the summer and do his main deals then when there's more time to negotiate and players do become available at more reasonable prices.

I agree completely. However the injury to Oviedo changes all that, because he was our primary back up to both Pienaar in left midfield and Baines at left back. If we don´t get another versatile midfielder in we´ll be seeing a lot more of Osman this season.

If...big if...Lukaku is for sale we should be pulling out all the stops to get him in. If that means we have to shelve our plans for other positions for the time being, so be it. We do have cover in other positions...a young, quality, proven striker outweighs this easily

I agree completely. However the injury to Oviedo changes all that, because he
was our primary back up to both
Pienaar in left midfield and Baines at left back. If we don´t get another versatile midfielder in we´ll be seeing a lot more of Osman this season.

We still have Pienaar, McGeady, Mirallas, Barkley, Gerard and Osman competing for 3 slots. We could maybe do with a central defensive midfielder if we let Johnny go. We actually have a well equipped squad this year tbh.

We still have Pienaar, McGeady, Mirallas, Barkley, Gerard and Osman competing for 3 slots. We could maybe do with a central defensive midfielder if we let Johnny go. We actually have a well equipped squad this year tbh.

In order to win matches, not just draw, I´d say we need our best three of the players you´ve listed to play regularly. Pienaar, Barkley are injured right now and Mirallas is bond to be out for a period.

Lescott and one of Scott Parker or de Jong for me... Shouldn't cost more than 6m I get two of them in. I know they are a bit old . But lescott covers lb and cb and has at least 4 years in him and I know Parker is 32 but he would be cheap... So we could fill the squad for cheap providing lescott would drop his wages ( with it being World Cup year ) maybe playing is more important than wages at the mo

There seems to be a deep depression settling over GOT. Give Roberto some credit will you. He is the one who knows what is needed and what he wants. Start tryning to look on the bright side of things for a change. WE appear to have a damn good manager, who knows and feels what our club is about and boy after our EX for 11 years that is a hurricane of fresh air blowing through Goodison.

I have evry confidence in Roberto doing what is needed.

Bobby has gone through the Mondial agency twice now with the signings of Kone and Traore. Here's a list of their clients:

Fernandinho Manchester City
Axel Witsel Zenit
Ramires Chelsea
Thibaut Courtois Atlético
Raphaël Varane Real Madrid
Olivier Giroud Arsenal
Fernando Llorente Juventus
Lucas Liverpool
Eduardo Salvio Benfica
Coutinho Liverpool
Geoffrey Kondogbia Monaco
Mateo Kovacic Inter Milan
Florian Thauvin Marseille
Lassana Diarra Lokomotiv Moscow
Dimitri Payet Marseille
Hatem Ben Arfa Newcastle
Sofiane Feghouli Valencia
Victor Moses Liverpool
Moussa Sissoko Newcastle
Younès Belhanda Dynamo Kyiv
Rodrigo Benfica
Josuha Guilavogui Atletico
Lucas Ocampos Monaco
Fernando Shakhtar (Not the Porto fella)
Mathieu Debuchy Newcastle
Marvin Martin Lille
Luuk de Jong Gladbach
Romain Alessandrini Rennes
Ganso Sao Paulo
Paulo Dybala Palermo
Felipe Anderson Lazio
Rafinha Celta Vigo
Serge Aurier Toulouse
Mateo Musacchio Villarreal
Giannelli Imbula Marseille
Nampalys Mendy Nice
Yannick Ferreira-Carrasco Monaco
Abdelaziz Barrada Al-Jazira
Denis Cheryshev Sevilla
Emmanuel Rivière Monaco
Lisandro López Al-Gharafa
Anthony Martial Monaco
Gueïda Fofana Lyon
Yohan Mollo Saint Etienne
Jordan Veretout Nantes
Vincent Aboubakar Lorient
Henri Saivet Bordeaux
Benjamin Mendy Marseille
Sébastien Corchia Sochaux
Adrien Rabiot PSG
Valère Germain Monaco
Raphaël Guerreiro Lorient
Jordan Ferri Lyon
Yassine Benzia Lyon
Yaya Sanogo Arsenal
Dimitri Foulquier Granada
Christopher Jullien Freiburg
Andrej Kramaric Rijeka
Hadi Sacko Le Havre
Sana Zaniou Toulouse
Uriah Asante Etoile Sportive du Sahel
Mihailo Milutinovic Braga

Guilavogui really stood out to me because a) he can't get a game for Atletico in a World Cup year b) Bobby has been there for Robles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back