Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's different types of double leg breaks. Oviedo's was clean, ie a straight break across both bones, he'll be back training within 6 months.

If it had been splintered as David Bust was and I believe Aaron Ramsey's was then it's much more serious.

The lad on the bench for us yesterday had the exact same injury as Oviedo.

I've done that myself playing amateur football and was back in 6 months. Treated in hospital, sent home to rest with no physio, nothing at all and still played about 6 months later.

I don't think the young lad McAleny had a double leg break

Ramsey 10 months

Eduardo 12 months

Jamie Mackie 10 months

Mate they were commutative leg breaks or compound fractures. The bone was either shattered or complicated facture with extensive soft tissue damage.

Oveidos was described as a 'clean break' so 6 months is a good prognosis

Getting no one else in now is not an option.

The manager's words anout the need to get essential cover in for Kone and Gibson earlier in the window have been undermned by his new insistence that what we have is what he'd always wished for as his targets (McGeady and Traore). Those words will sound very hollow indeed if, now, on the back of another season long injury to a first team player, there's no more additions to the squad.

I rate this manager very highly, have done from the outset, and still will; but my belief in what he says will be withdrawn if that scenario above unfolds. There's now a matter of trust he has to secure.

So you're calling him a liar now Dave?

Deary me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back