Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a 19 year old not recover quicker?

He will not be back in 5 months

Generally mate with bone injuries for a teenager, they take longer to get them back, honestly dunno why, but examine the track records of players breaking a leg under 20 compared to over 20 and their time spent out shows this, maybe something to do with bones not as strong as they only just finished growing etc god knows really

Hes not picked up a knock lad, Bry will be out for 12-18 months

Get in cover for Baines imo

He's out for the rest of the season mate not a season and a half!!

Baines (touch wood) could easily play the rest of the season no problem as he has done many of seasons. The odd rest for baines could be filled by distin and alcaraz. Garbutt is now at an age where he should be able to be called upon, if not I'd say he's never gonna make it.

Not saying another option wouldn't be useful. A CB like martins-indi who is a natural LB too would be a worthy addition. Just don't see the value in spending a few million on a dedicated LB who will not be good enough next season.

I'm convinced there will be no real money signings. Questions need answering if so, as anybody can see the squad isn't good or strong enough. If we get nobody in that'll really make me believe that Martinez is a massive yes man.

Getting no one else in now is not an option.

The manager's words anout the need to get essential cover in for Kone and Gibson earlier in the window have been undermned by his new insistence that what we have is what he'd always wished for as his targets (McGeady and Traore). Those words will sound very hollow indeed if, now, on the back of another season long injury to a first team player, there's no more additions to the squad.

I rate this manager very highly, have done from the outset, and still will; but my belief in what he says will be withdrawn if that scenario above unfolds. There's now a matter of trust he has to secure.

There worst case examples tho. And currently are worry is the rest of this season only. You can assess again come summer if he's looking like a longer term healer.

Can you show me some examples of players coming back from a double leg break in 5-6 months

The usual healing time for a mid-shaft Tibia and Fibula fracture treated with cast immobilisation is 12 to 16 weeks. This is followed by rehabilitation with a Chartered Physiotherapist to restore the range of ankle and knee movement, and to restore the muscle strength that is lost during the immobilisation period. Depending on the fracture type and its location the orthopaedic doctor may allow the use of a Removable Plastic Cast Walker instead of a plaster cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back