Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't go out buying another back up LB because the current LB back up gets injured. Think it could be a little different with Oveido as he can play a few roles so it's more of a loss than normal so another body may be needed.

Distin and alcaraz can both do a job at LB for the odd games here and there, there's also the option of bringing garbutt back for anything more long term.

Martins-indi if we are at all interested in a future deal, bringing that forward would be very wise move especially if heitinga moves on. If he does go for another dedicated LB I'd imagine it could be the young Scottish lad he's been scouting.

Yeah, Andrew Robertson from Dundee Utd could be a good move.

Him and Gauld been mentioned a few times, dunno a lot about Robertson, but Gauld's been linked with everyone from Arsenal to Real to Juve... So must surely have something about him.

I'm probably not the only one that just wishes we got in some flair creativity, the likes of Canales fits the bill for something we lack presently, and would like to see roberto using his Spanish knowledge to target this market as bargains can be had if you know what your doing their as Michu last year showed etc

be nice to see Everton targeting the academies of Barca and Real for those players who year in and year out dont make the grade their and are shipped off to places like Valencia, sevilla, betis etc and go on to prove their top class players (short of galactico status but nonetheless top quality)

I know we'v been here before with this lad and still don't really understand why it didn't happen a year ago but I think Lewis holtby would be the perfect signing for us this window. Very versatile, can play ACM, LW and CM. He's basically a younger osman but I'd say better. He's also a blue which is a bonus.

May not have set the league alight with spurs but certainly hasn't looked poor. Would spurs sell to us and would it be a realistic fee?? Who knows.

Deadline day of:
Martins-indi
Lewis Holtby
Tom Ince

I'd be exstactic!!

I know we'v been here before with this lad and still don't really understand why it didn't happen a year ago but I think Lewis holtby would be the perfect signing for us this window. Very versatile, can play ACM, LW and CM. He's basically a younger osman but I'd say better. He's also a blue which is a bonus.

May not have set the league alight with spurs but certainly hasn't looked poor. Would spurs sell to us and would it be a realistic fee?? Who knows.

Deadline day of:
Martins-indi
Lewis Holtby
Tom Ince

I'd be exstactic!!

Not enough spaniards or sexy belgiums their mate to make me happy ;p

I'm convinced there will be no real money signings. Questions need answering if so, as anybody can see the squad isn't good or strong enough. If we get nobody in that'll really make me believe that Martinez is a massive yes man.

I'm convinced there will be no real money signings. Questions need answering if so, as anybody can see the squad isn't good or strong enough. If we get nobody in that'll really name me

I understand what your saying but....let's say the players he wants simply are not available in jan. Players that are part of his future plan.

What u suggesting, he should just buy anyone?? Or a lesser player??

Very true....swap Ince for.....

personally get canales in if theirs a half truth in the rumors valencia are wiling to deal for 4m, lads had two major injuries with his knee back to back, but been healthy now i think for over a year, so not injury prone just had real bad luck ala barkley, jags and now sadly Oviedo etc

Lad has such a huge potential to be world class if he gets a manager right now who has faith in him and gives him the platform to show his stuff

You can't go out buying another back up LB because the current LB back up gets injured. Think it could be a little different with Oveido as he can play a few roles so it's more of a loss than normal so another body may be needed.

Distin and alcaraz can both do a job at LB for the odd games here and there, there's also the option of bringing garbutt back for anything more long term.

Martins-indi if we are at all interested in a future deal, bringing that forward would be very wise move especially if heitinga moves on. If he does go for another dedicated LB I'd imagine it could be the young Scottish lad he's been scouting.

Hes not picked up a knock lad, Bry will be out for 12-18 months

Get in cover for Baines imo

Hes not picked up a knock lad, Bry will be out for 12-18 months

Get in cover for Baines imo

Del what world are you living in mate when a broken leg is a 18 month injury lad?

will be anywhere between 3-5 months before he gets back into serious training, will be good to go next season

Are you saying they should deregister
Oveido?

Heartless

Not heartless, having him in the squad won't heal him any quicker. If we needed to do that (which we won't need to do anyway, was just highlighting the possibility) We would explain it to Bryan and tell him he is not being dropped or replaced. No point in having an injured player in the submitted squad if you need the space for another boss loan.

BUT I was also drunk on rum at the time of posting that last night.

Rum logic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back