Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a good joke, but highlights a serious point. Years ago a broken leg could easily signify the end of a career, and a disabled life. As well as Whelan (who incidentally in reality very rarely, or never refers to his broken leg!), Derek Dooley comes to mind, and Brian Clough. There will be many others. Rehab techniques have improved massively since those days, but there are still cases were serious injury can end, or restrict, a footballers future career. How often do we hear the phrase 'Never the same player since his injury'.

Trauma medicine has developed another level again in the past ten years since iraq and Afghanistan.

There is a reason they don't operate immediately if they can help it. Speeds recovery and rehab not operating immediately

Fair enough just think there's more important things in life than that, feel for the player really, been one of our best this season.

Well yer

There's more important things than posting on an Everton forum at 10am on a Sunday morning but hey ho

Are we even able to sign any more loan players? £4m even we can afford outright!
Yes, we can loan any amount of players from a foreign club,the max permitted between prem clubs is 3.
Agreed we can buy outright for £4 million,but why when we can sign him on loan with a view to buy ?
If he proves to be a good player then yes we sign him, if not it's adios amigo,and we haven't blown £4 million.
Makes perfect sense to me.

Last edited:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ws-momo-sissoko-move-to-crystal-palace-stalls

"Sky Sports understands talks between Momo Sissoko and Crystal Palace have broken down.

We revealed on Friday that Sissoko had arrived in England and was holding discussions with Palace over a proposed move to Selhurst Park.

However, Sky Sports has learnt that the meetings have failed to bear fruit and now a number of rival Premier League clubs are set to take an interest.

It is understood up to four top-flight teams are looking at Sissoko, who is a free agent.

Sissoko left Paris Saint Germain last summer after finishing the previous campaign on loan at Fiorentina."

I know he's been discussed on here before, but to help out till the end of the season, would he help/improve us at all?!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ws-momo-sissoko-move-to-crystal-palace-stalls

"Sky Sports understands talks between Momo Sissoko and Crystal Palace have broken down.

We revealed on Friday that Sissoko had arrived in England and was holding discussions with Palace over a proposed move to Selhurst Park.

However, Sky Sports has learnt that the meetings have failed to bear fruit and now a number of rival Premier League clubs are set to take an interest.

It is understood up to four top-flight teams are looking at Sissoko, who is a free agent.

Sissoko left Paris Saint Germain last summer after finishing the previous campaign on loan at Fiorentina."

I know he's been discussed on here before, but to help out till the end of the season, would he help/improve us at all?!

Surely he's better than Osman.

If there's any truth in the Lukaku story at all, we have to go for him. £20mil shouldn't be too much too ask! We should have the money.

No, I'm merely holding him to his word. If he allows this window to close without additions he's let himself down.

You appear to be confusing a comment to the media, with a personal pledge to the world. He may have meant it, he may not, circumstances may have changed, he may feel that some of his injuries are healing faster then he expected. Stop confusing press conferences with a guaranteed glimpse of the future.

Surely he's better than Osman.

Thing is, we have a lot of injuries atm, and fair enough, the likes of Deulofeu and Barkley aren't too far away from a return, but IF we get an injury to either Barry or McCarthy, were going to be very light in CM.

I know weve got McGeady and Mirallas who can play out wide but with Oviedo unfortunately out, we are a bit short there now. Pienaar is suffering with a persistant groin problem aswell so the likes of Osman & Naismith will be needed at present to either play wide or off the front man, so pick an injury/suspension up with Barry or McCarthy and were gonna be left short.

I still think Martinez needs to get one more body in this month to help out in midfield cos an injury or 2 or a suspension is gonna start taking it's toll on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back