Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's that good of a prospect you'd have thought Sunderland would have renewed his contract by now.

Colback ffs. We're supposed to be after the Champions League.

Maybe you need to acquaint yourself with the word 'cover'?

I cant pretend I've seen too much of him so I'm not going to argue his case that much, but he's not being touted as a first team regular, just someone with a lot of experience for one so young who can cover in emergency for Baines if he gets injured or Barry if he does. He's what i would also call 'Everton range' too: ie - he's free or comes for very little.

Maybe you need to acquaint yourself with the word 'cover'?

I cant pretend I've seen too much of him so I'm not going to argue his case that much, but he's not being touted as a first team regular, just someone with a lot of experience for one so young who can cover in emergency for Baines if he gets injured or Barry if he does. He's what i would also call 'Everton range' too: ie - he's free or comes for very little.

Colback isn't suitable cover for a team chasing Champions League football.

If sunderland get Banega and we got Colback we might as well just resign from the league and start playing rugby instead.

Banega is a bad character and he is a on high wages.
Moreover, he tends to have one good game and then six bad ones.

Canales is a small slow technical player and the new manager want to sell him(IMO similar problem with Mata and Mou). If he is free of injuries, he could be a great signing.

Yeah, if we signed Colback that would be an excellent piece of business. young, british, cheap, experienced. Same mold of early adopters kind of worker type like Barry and McCarthy, who both have clocked up a sick amount of games from an early stage. Would fit right in there, and it's virtually impossible not to make a profit if we sell him on later.

Banega is a bad character and he is a on high wages.
Moreover, he tends to have one good game and then six bad ones.

Canales is a small slow technical player and the new manager want to sell him(IMO similar problem with Mata and Mou). If he is free of injuries, he could be a great signing.
Doesn't look that slow to me.

Yeah, if we signed Colback that would be an excellent piece of business. young, british, cheap, experienced. Same mold of early adopters kind of worker type like Barry and McCarthy, who both have clocked up a sick amount of games from an early stage. Would fit right in there, and it's virtually impossible not to make a profit if we sell him on later.

But he's ginger and doesn't come from Spain, How can he be good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back