Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Canales is *potentially* a better player than Mikel was. I stress potentially like.

tough to call really.. I haven't seen much of Canales, but you would hope he would take to the English game like Arteta instead of, say, Esteban Granero. Not all the Spanish players make it over here.

My prediction is that one of these 35 players will sign for us before the window closes:

Adrien Silva, Andre Martins, Andrea Poli, Arouca da Silva, Bibras Natkho, Blerim Dzemaili, Carlos Casemiro, Charles Kabore, Clement Grenier, Denys Garmash, Enzo Perez, Fernando Reges, Gueida Fofana, Idrissa Gueye, Jack Colback, Jonathan dos Santos, Jordy Clasie, Josef Husbauer, Lewis Holtby, Lukman Haruna, Manuel Fernandes, Mario Suarez, Miguel Veloso, Ogenyi Onazi, Pedro Obiang, Raul Garcia, Rio Mavuba, Roman Eremenko, Romulo Borges, Sergio Canales, Siem de Jong, Steven Defour, Tomas Rincon, Vicente Iborra, William Vainqueur.

Wait and see.

tough to call really.. I haven't seen much of Canales, but you would hope he would take to the English game like Arteta instead of, say, Esteban Granero. Not all the Spanish players make it over here.
Maybe I'm easily pleased but I saw a few things I liked about Granero. He just became deeply disinterested with a team going nowhere and him getting paid 60,000 a week regardless of how he played.

My prediction is that one of these 35 players will sign for us before the window closes:

Adrien Silva, Andre Martins, Andrea Poli, Arouca da Silva, Bibras Natkho, Blerim Dzemaili, Carlos Casemiro, Charles Kabore, Clement Grenier, Denys Garmash, Enzo Perez, Fernando Reges, Gueida Fofana, Idrissa Gueye, Jack Colback, Jonathan dos Santos, Jordy Clasie, Josef Husbauer, Lewis Holtby, Lukman Haruna, Manuel Fernandes, Mario Suarez, Miguel Veloso, Ogenyi Onazi, Pedro Obiang, Raul Garcia, Rio Mavuba, Roman Eremenko, Romulo Borges, Sergio Canales, Siem de Jong, Steven Defour, Tomas Rincon, Vicente Iborra, William Vainqueur.

Wait and see.

IT IS ON

Wait and see.

Siem de Jong please or Defour, the rest are turbo gash.

I admire your optimism, but I don't see what it's absed on. When people complained about the arteta money not being spend it was being saved for january, same with the rodwell money and the fellaini money.

None of it has ever been.

I've ran out of faith at this point. I don't buy that our board will back Bobby this summer when they haven't backed their manager ever before.

The Arteta money went to the bank, fair enough. We took around £13m for Rodwell and spent close to £7m on Mirallas, around £4.5m on Pienaar, about £3m on Oviedo and roughly the same on Stones (total £17.5m).

Say that our debt was £35m and the tv money this year is £40m. We're £18m up on trading so, without taking into consideration loan fees, improved contracts etc we could be debt free and have £23m to spend on Lukaku in the summer. IF that is the case, why dip into the pot now if we can at all help it?

Martinez has said that the situation is different at the club now than it was under Moyes and that we don't need to sell players to pay down debt. I'm sure that the tv money has a lot to do with that. How much are our loanees worth? Lukaku £23m? Deulofeu £30m? Traore £15m? If teams want to trust us with £68m worth of talent why wouldn't we take advantage?

I believe that we're working strategically. Say that the plan is to buy Lukaku in the summer, if possible, sign Barry for free and take Deulofeu on loan for another year. Who wouldn't be happy with that?

Absolutly right why sell players every window to fill that greedy mans pockets and his cronies.I cannot understand why so many loans and no buys does bill trust bobby with money and were about to loose another player ( johnny)

So...you're saying Bill is syphoning off money from Everton for himself and his 'gang' are you?
....Are you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back