Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
After days and days of reading through, skimming, the pages. I've finally decided to put in my 2 cents. Why is everyone complaining so damn much? Do we have a decent amount of loans? Yes, but how is this different from what we're used. Barry will more than likely sign in the summer so that's one player that we won't be losing next season. What about losing Lukaku? We all know he's not coming to us unless we're in the CL. My guess is Bill and Martinez and waiting to see if we make it and get the money before putting in a bid. There's no reason to try to tie him down now when he'll probably say "no I'll wait and see where we finish." We are in great fighting position for 4th and have the least amount of losses in the league. We can do it and keep Lukaku and bring in more high quality players.

My take on it all. We have some injuries, yes, but only 3 long term. When Ross, Deulo and Peanut are back we have mid options of: Ross, Peanut, McGready, Deulo, Super Kev, Naismith, McCarthy, Barry, and Osman. Ross can cover Barry or McCarthy if needed and dare I say it...Osman too. Ross, Peanut, McGready, Deulo, Kev, Naismith,...and Osman can all cover the other 3 mid positions. I'd say Midfield is fine. Do we need striking options? Yes, and I will almost guarantee we will see one more come in before the window shuts. Backline? CB I say we're ok with barring major injuries. Stones, Alcaraz, Distin, Jags, and Johnny (if he stays) can all play there. RB we can be ok: Coleman, Stones, and Jags. LB I'd say we need cover now.

Martinez has never given away what his plans were for incoming targets in the past and has surprised us in the end and I can almost guarantee we will see it again. I think we will bring more in but even if we come out of this window with just 2 signings I'll be happy. 2 quality signings in and a chance at 4th without spending big money.

What does that even mean?.............. almost guarantee. Oh yeah, nothing

What does that even mean?.............. almost guarantee. Oh yeah, nothing

What it means is it has happened before and it will happen again. The problem with fans like you are you read into every little word analyzing it just to come up with the most depressing meaning possible. Have faith in someone who brought in Barry, Lukaku, and McCarthy on the last day of the window.

I think we will sign somebody.

We will defo see movement if we can get Heitinga off the wage bill, its a shame it would come to that, but his wage off the books would free up a good few bob.

What is the obsession now about Canales? He was once tipped to be massive sure but if Valencia are happy to sell him for only £4 million then what does that say?

By defenition we should also bring in Freddie Adu as a back up striker, he was once topped to be the next big thing, As was Baxter. It sounds to be like Canales will be llucky to finish a season without injury, and GIbson does not need a mate in the Sick bay.

"came from someone within the club"

Am I the only person who doesn't have contacts within the club who tell me stuff?

(I actually know someone who does consultancy work for the club, knows the board etc and he doesn't ever have any info on transfers)

what the fk is the point in ripping off other clubs if we never see the money !!!

We're spending it in the summer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Summertime

PerfectWalk-3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back