Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just googled him, aparently he is an Inter Milan player and Chelsea were looking at him.

It must be a real source then! Can't wait to see him fly in and sign, only to see Inter kick off because its their player.

The relentless determination of some Evertonians to feel badly about their club amazes.

The last window was probably the best in premiership history and yet with about 90 minutes left there was the usual air of gloom on the majority of Everton fora.

RM has already shown himself to be a manager with enormous potential , I feel that under the polite polished exterior is a core of steel and this has already been suggested by a number of the players.

I don't believe that he is prepared to sacrifice himself just to make Bill Kenwright look well, why should he ?

When I read this thread now I only flick through looking for the news or rumours about players we just may be interested in signing.The rest is just too tedious and boring to wade through.

How true.

the last window was not the best in hisotry, letting go/selling contracted players and replacing them with loans, a 3 players the wrong side of 30 and a very young back up keeper is not a good window. Especially as come the summer 4 of those players could leave, and we wont have enough players to sell.

Heres a thought, probably being stupid here but who our 4 domestic loans? We have lukaku, Barry and who else?

We can have as many foreign ones as we can but 4 domestic. By my count, for whoever i'm forgetting we only have 2..........

The last window was great as it allowed us to get rid of Anichibe for a frankly ridiculous price and also Fellaini for an over inflated fee. We brought in quality loans in Barry, Lukaku and Deulofeu.Two of which may be permanent signings especially if we get Champions league. Which the way we are playing we stand a good chance. Mccarthy was a great young buy who could be better than Fellaini in the long run. + Joel Robles who is probably the best no2 keeper we've had , Antolin Alcaraz who when fit looks like he can do a job and Arouna Kone who you could argue was a waste of money - on the other hand he might come good.

It was recognized and widely acknowledged by the media and everyone outside the club we probably had the best window last summer of any club and the way we have been playing further highlights it.

After days and days of reading through, skimming, the pages. I've finally decided to put in my 2 cents. Why is everyone complaining so damn much? Do we have a decent amount of loans? Yes, but how is this different from what we're used. Barry will more than likely sign in the summer so that's one player that we won't be losing next season. What about losing Lukaku? We all know he's not coming to us unless we're in the CL. My guess is Bill and Martinez and waiting to see if we make it and get the money before putting in a bid. There's no reason to try to tie him down now when he'll probably say "no I'll wait and see where we finish." We are in great fighting position for 4th and have the least amount of losses in the league. We can do it and keep Lukaku and bring in more high quality players.

My take on it all. We have some injuries, yes, but only 3 long term. When Ross, Deulo and Peanut are back we have mid options of: Ross, Peanut, McGready, Deulo, Super Kev, Naismith, McCarthy, Barry, and Osman. Ross can cover Barry or McCarthy if needed and dare I say it...Osman too. Ross, Peanut, McGready, Deulo, Kev, Naismith,...and Osman can all cover the other 3 mid positions. I'd say Midfield is fine. Do we need striking options? Yes, and I will almost guarantee we will see one more come in before the window shuts. Backline? CB I say we're ok with barring major injuries. Stones, Alcaraz, Distin, Jags, and Johnny (if he stays) can all play there. RB we can be ok: Coleman, Stones, and Jags. LB I'd say we need cover now.

Martinez has never given away what his plans were for incoming targets in the past and has surprised us in the end and I can almost guarantee we will see it again. I think we will bring more in but even if we come out of this window with just 2 signings I'll be happy. 2 quality signings in and a chance at 4th without spending big money.

what the fk is the point in ripping off other clubs if we never see the money !!!

If we are going to spend 15/20mill it has to be worth it - maybe that will be Lukaku in the summer who knows? But I think this season we may yet get one more in - and it will be two very good windows.

the thing about covering players is that they aren't as good in that position so therefore the more players you have covering others then the worse the team performs trying to make up for the missing players.

It is like saying Hibbert can cover Lukaku, which he could. I'm sure tony would run round, try hard and perhaps make a few runs but how many would he score?

Point is we should not depend on so many palyers to cover each other because it means we aren't playing to our full capacity, ala osman in the deeper role.

what the fk is the point in ripping off other clubs if we never see the money !!!

Absolutly right why sell players every window to fill that greedy mans pockets and his cronies.I cannot understand why so many loans and no buys does bill trust bobby with money and were about to loose another player ( johnny)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back