Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of the summer is all i'll give them, if we haven't spent a fair amount by then then either Martinez will have lied to us or Kenwright will have pulled the rug from under his feet as well. No more excuses by then. I'm only prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt until then because of what Martinez said, as at the moment i trust him even if i don't trust Kenwright

Martinez spend his time at wigan smiling while Whelan gave him no money at all. I dunno why people expect differently here.

The relentless determination of some Evertonians to feel badly about their club amazes.

The last window was probably the best in premiership history and yet with about 90 minutes left there was the usual air of gloom on the majority of Everton fora.

RM has already shown himself to be a manager with enormous potential , I feel that under the polite polished exterior is a core of steel and this has already been suggested by a number of the players.

I don't believe that he is prepared to sacrifice himself just to make Bill Kenwright look well, why should he ?

When I read this thread now I only flick through looking for the news or rumours about players we just may be interested in signing.The rest is just too tedious and boring to wade through.

The relentless determination of some Evertonians to feel badly about their club amazes.

The last window was probably the best in premiership history and yet with about 90 minutes left there was the usual air of gloom on the majority of Everton fora.

RM has already shown himself to be a manager with enormous potential , I feel that under the polite polished exterior is a core of steel and this has already been suggested by a number of the players.

I don't believe that he is prepared to sacrifice himself just to make Bill Kenwright look well, why should he ?

When I read this thread now I only flick through looking for the news or rumours about players we just may be interested in signing.The rest is just too tedious and boring to wade through.

+1 sir!

*applauds*

the last window was not the best in hisotry, letting go/selling contracted players and replacing them with loans, a 3 players the wrong side of 30 and a very young back up keeper is not a good window. Especially as come the summer 4 of those players could leave, and we wont have enough players to sell.

Heres a thought, probably being stupid here but who our 4 domestic loans? We have lukaku, Barry and who else?

We can have as many foreign ones as we can but 4 domestic. By my count, for whoever i'm forgetting we only have 2..........

the last window was not the best in hisotry, letting go/selling contracted players and replacing them with loans, a 3 players the wrong side of 30 and a very young back up keeper is not a good window. Especially as come the summer 4 of those players could leave, and we wont have enough players to sell.

Heres a thought, probably being stupid here but who our 4 domestic loans? We have lukaku, Barry and who else?

We can have as many foreign ones as we can but 4 domestic. By my count, for whoever i'm forgetting we only have 2..........
2 long term, 2 short term domestic loans isn't it, I.e. Emergency loans.
Edit: It appears to be that you can have 4 long term domestic loans, but only two at a time

Last edited:

The sad thing is, it kind of was one of our best windows in years.

It would also be one of the worst windows the likes of Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea have had in the prem years.

Low expectations make failiure palatable.

GoatInsideFootballITK @GoatInsideFootballITK
Hearing that Pedro Delgado of Portimonense, dubbed the new Moutinho, is flying into Finch Farm for talks #Watchthisspace

Hearing that Pedro Delgado of Portimonense, dubbed the new Moutinho, is flying into Finch Farm for talks #Watchthisspace

Haha that is brilliant. Seeings though we can't be linked with Mounthino, it is now the new one!

Waiting for the ineviteble link of the next riquelmi....

That new runway that they built at Finch Farm looks like it's getting put to use anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back