Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were we all not talking about having money to spend in the summer last january? I mean we had reduced the bill, was going for the top 4 and it was our one chance to break the glass ceiling. Then we signed stones (who Moyes would have left to rot in the reserves) and apart from a cup run, did nothing for the rest of the season and achieved nothing.

Fast forward 12 months, new manager and even closer to the top 4, chance to really build on our grounds with player sales money and.....nothing. A loan and a half decent winger (he's no kanchelskis) and we have an entire team out injured.

Smell the coffee, it is the same thing EVERY YEAR. Remember when we were saving the fellaini money and anichebe money and the Jelavic money? Is that any different to the Arteta money? Or the Rooney money? That is not even mentioning the additional tv money that dissapeared into the club.

The club will never change, and its the fans who think otherwise that keep the whole thing happening every year.

Unfortunately mate that faith will have been shaken for me if he fails to get bodies in now and make good his declaration that we'd finish this window stronger.

He's a cracking manager, nice feller and defo the right man for the job, but would I trust him to act any differently than Kenwright in our transfer fund promises? Sadly no.

Fair enough mate, but i'll probably wait until the summer and then get very worried if he doesn't keep his word. In my books we have improved very slightly in this window if we finish with Heitinga and Jelavic out and McGeady and Traore in. Not as much as everyone hoped, but a slight improvement in my book

Fair enough mate, but i'll probably wait until the summer and then get very worried if he doesn't keep his word. In my books we have improved very slightly in this window if we finish with Heitinga and Jelavic out and McGeady and Traore in. Not as much as everyone hoped, but a slight improvement in my book

I'd have agreed with you too if that Oviedo injury hadn't happened. It changed matters dramatically, imo.

And then in the summer we wait till January and see what happens, then we wait till the Summer, then........

Round and round we go.

If only there was a TV company paying us vast amounts of money.

The only money that will get spent will be the sky money the 40m of player fees so far will be gone wake up it's been going on for years why would next year be any different.

He probably thinks winning the CL and League Titles is progress, the poor Russian fool.

How many 7th place trophys has he won? HEY?

Laughing at them letting all those players go that they didn't use anyway and only bringing in the 21M Matic to help them fight for the title.

Losers.

And then in the summer we wait till January and see what happens, then we wait till the Summer, then........

Round and round we go.

If only there was a TV company paying us vast amounts of money.

End of the summer is all i'll give them, if we haven't spent a fair amount by then then either Martinez will have lied to us or Kenwright will have pulled the rug from under his feet as well. No more excuses by then. I'm only prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt until then because of what Martinez said, as at the moment i trust him even if i don't trust Kenwright

Last edited:
We loaned players the last transfer window after selling players we have loaned players this transfer window after selling players something wrong here and we're gonna wait till another summer how many times have we herd this crap.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back