Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
All true, but it'd probably be better to at least hold off until the end of the week, right? If will still at the (conservative) net spend of -10m or something come next week then any attack on the board wouldn't need to be refuted. Dave's explicit use of past tense is begging to be refuted, and he either knows it and gets off on it or... well, let's just say if he doesn't realise then he's done an excellent job in almost spelling his name correctly.

Nets pend is around -18m mate atm, and by next week its too late

Can totally see where davek is coming from. No doubt we'll be finishing the season with a negative spending once again. I'm also convinced that is something that will never change under the current regime. Have every faith in Martinez though that he will do everything in his power to keep this squad competing for the top 4 places. Surely he will see we're in great danger of slipping away this 2nd half of the season, if we don't get extra bodies in. I'll be seriously fuming this Friday when the window shuts and we've failed to add to our depleted squad. Back up LB and a CM biggest priorities.

Nets pend is around -18m mate atm, and by next week its too late

As I said in parenthesis, conservative. Nobody on here really knows.

And next week will be too late to make a signing. Unless the board are so worried about the comments of a few supporters on a forum they cede to the pressure and make a big signing, then next week isn't too late to offer a considered opinion on a transfer window, as opposed to an opinion before it closes.

Put your energy into supporting the team lad an stop talking crap. Going on and on and on about the board.
Some proper strap-ons using this site.

I'm just logging onto this forum to tell you to stop telling me to stop talking crap and calling me a strap on.

I'm willing to wait until the end of the window obviously. But if this is the extent of the additions, then we're not much better than we were January 1st. These additions just aren't enough to push us into Europe.

We might well get someone top quality in over the next 5 days, and I would be delighted.

But the fact is we were told after the summer that the fellaini-anichebe money would be there to spend in january. And now when we're in a fight for two big prizes (fa cup and CL), short on bodies due to injuries, had some bad performances and badly needing a boost and some new players, it's not happening. Instead we've sold a squad player for money which has yet to be reinvested in the squad, brought in two currently unfit squad players for peanuts and Martinez has made noises about that being it for us.

It's just dier. And if we end up potless and not in europe, again, like we have last year and the year before and the year before, then this window is where I'll be pointing figures.

I'm willing to wait until the end of the window obviously. But if this is the extent of the additions, then we're not much better than we were January 1st. These additions just aren't enough to push us into Europe.

Maybe not better, but we'll definitely be stronger:

BegY0rJIIAArACE.jpg

Maybe not better, but we'll definitely be stronger:

BegY0rJIIAArACE.jpg

Good god I wish this lad would just apply himself to football!

Hes wasting his talent imo. Go on loan, do a Wilshire/Welbeck/Cleverley (less so!) and get some experience elsewhere then come back with renewed fire in the belly.

McGeady- highly-rated by Messi and Xavi and a vast improvement on Gueye or using Naismith as a wide player.

Traore- A £10m+ striker from one of the most ambitious clubs in World football replacing a forward (Jelavic) whose last league goal was on 16th March 2013.

Baines- signed to a new long-term contract.

You're not asking for much then.

With four days of the window left to go Chelsea are arguably weaker, having replaced Mata, De Bruyne, Essien and Bertrand with Salah and Matic. Spurs will also be worse off once Defoe departs for Toronto too. The only one of our rivals to strengthen is United.

Martinez said there's money there though didn't he, and seemed to strongly hint that he was keeping a fair ammount for the summer for either Lukaku or his replacement should he not be available

McGeady- highly-rated by Messi and Xavi and a vast improvement on Gueye or using Naismith as a wide player.

Traore- A £10m+ striker from one of the most ambitious clubs in World football replacing a forward (Jelavic) whose last league goal was on 16th March 2013.

Baines- signed to a new long-term contract.

You're not asking for much then.

With four days of the window left to go Chelsea are arguably weaker, having replaced Mata, De Bruyne, Essien and Bertrand with Salah and Matic. Spurs will also be worse off once Defoe departs for Toronto too. The only one of our rivals to strengthen is United.

Ho can you care Chelsea squad strength with Everton's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back