Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I has a similar rant the other night after O'Keefe said they were saving the money in summer. Now is the time to try and push on if possible, as we might not be in this position again for a while, seize the day and all that!

However, I still think Martinez will bring more players in, so am prepared to wait before venting my spleen as Dave is doing.

but who would you buy with this money now? against the fact that we have signed mcGeady and Traore in this window so far, and still think we may get another one. we couldn't sign lukaku permanently, we couldn't sign barry permanently. so surely loaning has worked??

who would you sign now to improve us? we are all on the same side here so want to know who you think and for how much?

so may just look at the transfer fees and do simple maths to decide how much money we have. fact is wages are massive and our ground generates sod all money per match day.

I am not trying to make out we have been run perfectly.

But Davek isnt a full-time scout, scouring the world for talent.

There are full-time employees of the club who's job it is to find the players, its the job of the board to negotiate a deal suited for all parties.

If we fail to make this window count, then surely one of the above has to be accountable? Surely?!

But Davek isnt a full-time scout, scouring the world for talent.

There are full-time employees of the club who's job it is to find the players, its the job of the board to negotiate a deal suited for all parties.

If we fail to make this window count, then surely one of the above has to be accountable? Surely?!

but who is to say we haven't? if we had paid £20m for McGeady and Traore would that make it better?

Don't understand how a deal is there to be done for Lukaku in the summer but not now, that's a red herring. If Chelsea are open to sell and we have the money, then why wait?

There won't be much business done during the world cup and possibly for a few weeks after the tournament ends. Players will be on extended holidays.

UTD are asleep the wheel and now is the time to act. Maybe we're playing it cool for some reason, so we'll have to wait and see what actually happens before the fume fest. But with the track record of this board I wouldn't be writing their excuses for them.

Put your energy into supporting the team lad an stop talking crap. Going on and on and on about the board.
Some proper strap-ons using this site.

Same as a lot of whoppers who are slating Dave on here this post is, not for one second does he NOT support the team, in fact the opposite is true, he is constantly trying to get people to wake up and realise that the support for the team needs to start at the very top with those in charge of putting the funding into the club, wanna slate someone slate those in charge NOT someone advocating we at least spend the money we have brought in through sales - especially when its been stated all along we had money prior to any sales to give to bobby .... hollow promises and waiting to spend in the summer is bull, it will dissapear or will get diluted by other costs, loan payments etc, either way those who think lukaku is a done deal if we dont spend now and wait till summer are living in cloud cuckoo land

Cue a deal not being able to be done for Lukaku in the summer, followed by a spend of like 8m on some forward followed by bullcrap about nor spending the rest as the targets we want aren't available right now

but who is to say we haven't? if we had paid £20m for McGeady and Traore would that make it better?

Its not the money specifically, its the fact we HAVE money and we NEED players.

The fact that those 2 have signed and seemingly are our only signings, but yet we still have deficiencies in the squad, is the reason some are annoyed.

If we signed another 2 players for free I wouldnt care, but to hear Bobby say 'I have plenty of money, dont worry' seems bizarre if we dont at least attempt to capitalise on our top 4 chances.

I'm laughing my head off here at using the term "strap on" as an insult.

Work colleagues staring at me and everything, haha.

Don't understand how a deal is there to be done for Lukaku in the summer but not now, that's a red herring. If Chelsea are open to sell and we have the money, then why wait?

There won't be much business done during the world cup and possibly for a few weeks after the tournament ends. Players will be on extended holidays.

UTD are asleep the wheel and now is the time to act. Maybe we're playing it cool for some reason, so we'll have to wait and see what actually happens before the fume fest. But with the track record of this board I wouldn't be writing their excuses for them.

Mate suspicious me thinks 'mourinho sells mata to utd to effectively get points off rivals', hey another way tto ensure everton dont mount a challenge to their position this season is to get them to not invest in their depth in jan and push on and rather to sit back and wait for the illusion of lukaku instead ;p

Titus-Bramble-001.jpg

Is that A for Absolutely useless?

Same as a lot of whoppers who are slating Dave on here this post is, not for one second does he NOT support the team, in fact the opposite is true, he is constantly trying to get people to wake up and realise that the support for the team needs to start at the very top with those in charge of putting the funding into the club, wanna slate someone slate those in charge NOT someone advocating we at least spend the money we have brought in through sales - especially when its been stated all along we had money prior to any sales to give to bobby .... hollow promises and waiting to spend in the summer is bull, it will dissapear or will get diluted by other costs, loan payments etc, either way those who think lukaku is a done deal if we dont spend now and wait till summer are living in cloud cuckoo land

Cue a deal not being able to be done for Lukaku in the summer, followed by a spend of like 8m on some forward followed by bullcrap about nor spending the rest as the targets we want aren't available right now

All true, but it'd probably be better to at least hold off until the end of the week, right? If will still at the (conservative) net spend of -10m or something come next week then any attack on the board wouldn't need to be refuted. Dave's explicit use of past tense is begging to be refuted, and he either knows it and gets off on it or... well, let's just say if he doesn't realise then he's done an excellent job in almost spelling his name correctly.

This is probably going to be the tenth window in a row where we've sold players for more money then we've spend on players, something which literally no other club does..

Our wage bill is only the tenth highest in the league, we pay agents only the twelth most in the league. There has not been a single team to invest less money in their squad other the last ten years than us and not be in the lower leagues for part of it.

And yet the slightest mention that maybe we'd be better off if we could buy top quality players for multimillion fees rather than bring in loans and frees, gets you called names.

What exactly has to happen at this club before people stop being happy with being badly run?

It's not like it isn't effecting on the pitch. We're 6th in the league and haven't won a trophy for nearly twenty years. Why are people happy with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back