Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is loaning ince for them embarrising?

Think about it, they think he is not good enough then all of a sudden they are loaning him from a CHAMPIONSHIP team in a bid to finish top four, beating off the bottom 5 clubs in the process?

Real quality signing there.

Davek, you are draining mate! we are short because we have a sh*t load of injuries. we could spend our money on medium quality players but instead we have been able to loan top quality options. it's all about the here and now, and in the summer we may be able to buy a couple of decent players. hopefully the loanees can give us a chance of a top 4 finish.

who would you spend money on now to make sure we are champions' league? would you support saving the cash in case we could get lukaku on a permanent deal? I would.

we couldn't buy Barry/ Lukaku/ Traore/ Dela but we can loan them and it's worked.

No...and that cash wont be there in the summer anyway.

We needed to fill gaps this January that were there. We hadn't done that even before Oviedo was crocked.

A decision has been made to get more money into the club than spend out this January. That isn't a club looking to secure a push for a European slot..it just isn't. And I shouldn't be admonished, by the way, for pointing that obvious fact out. We can all put our heads in the sand and wait for it all to get better this second half of the season, I suppose. But it wont mean we'll get anywhere near the total we ran up for the first half of the season: a target we needed to keep on track of to get to European football next season.

Correct me if im wrong but did bobby not say that its easier to get players cheaper on deadline day?
Im quite confident we will bring atleast one in on friday.

We needed to fill gaps this January that were there. We hadn't done that even before Oviedo was crocked.

A decision has been made to get more money into the club than spend out this January
. That isn't a club looking to secure a push for a European slot..it just isn't. And I shouldn't be admonished, by the way, for pointing that obvious fact out. We can all put our heads in the sand and wait for it all to get better this second half of the season, I suppose. But it wont mean we'll get anywhere near the total we ran up for the first half of the season: a target we needed to keep on track of to get to European football next season.

Go on then, where did you get that from?

A decision has been made to get more money into the club than spend out this January. That isn't a club looking to secure a push for a European slot..it just isn't. And I shouldn't be admonished, by the way, for pointing that obvious fact out. We can all put our heads in the sand and wait for it all to get better this second half of the season, I suppose. But it wont mean we'll get anywhere near the total we ran up for the first half of the season: a target we needed to keep on track of to get to European football next season.

Is it over? I thought the deadline was friday night?

Davek is spot on in a lot of aspects here.

The fact is that we should have a shed load of cash in the bank, and the team is in a quite phenomenal position near the top of the league.

What BK or Bobby or whoever at the club is saying is:

"Lets wait until the summer until we get better value for money".

But in the summer Deulofeu, Traore (unknown entity, granted), Lukaku and Barry could all leave. So in essence, we happy to 'start again' in the summer with cash burning a hole in our pocket, and hope that we can not only replace the above 4, but also invest further to take us from a top 7 team to a top 4 / title challengers.

Im sorry, but I cannot imagine the board ever having a £50million pound summer on the transfer front.

Alternatively, we could over-pay but get another LB, and a CM at least, and really push for top 4. Its a calculated risk, yes, but it could mean that the club go into the summer having secured top 4 AND expecting a huge CL qualification financial windfall AND the next instalment of the TV revenues.

Its a huge risk that the club are taking - for the second January in a row...

The fact is that we should have a shed load of cash in the bank, and the team is in a quite phenomenal position near the top of the league.

But in the summer Deulofeu, Traore (unknown entity, granted), Lukaku and Barry could all leave. So in essence, we happy to 'start again' in the summer with cash burning a hole in our pocket, and hope that we can not only replace the above 4, but also invest further to take us from a top 7 team to a top 4 / title challengers.

Im sorry, but I cannot imagine the board ever having a £50million pound summer on the transfer front.

Alternatively, we could over-pay but get another LB, and a CM at least, and really push for top 4. Its a calculated risk, yes, but it could mean that the club go into the summer having secured top 4 AND expecting a huge CL qualification financial windfall AND the next instalment of the TV revenues.

Spot on mate.

There's so many trusting blues around...trusting a board like this to break the habit of a lifetime and come through with respectable funding.

It just isn't happening. FFS how many times does this team spending not have to happen before people dispense with the fantasy they have about this lot?

We have a HUGE opportunity here to get right up that league that we probably wont get again. And it's being thrown away again.

Spot on mate.

There's so many trusting blues around...trusting a board like this to break the habit of a lifetime and come through with respectable funding.

It just isn't happening. FFS how many times does this team spending not have to happen before people dispense with the fantasy they have about this lot?

We have a HUGE opportunity here to get right up that league that we probably wont get again. And it's being thrown away again.

i dont trust them, but i think we may as well wait to after the window has closed..then we can release unholy h,ell upon them...or grumble a bit

Spot on mate.

but who would you buy with this money now? against the fact that we have signed mcGeady and Traore in this window so far, and still think we may get another one. we couldn't sign lukaku permanently, we couldn't sign barry permanently. so surely loaning has worked??

who would you sign now to improve us? we are all on the same side here so want to know who you think and for how much?

so may just look at the transfer fees and do simple maths to decide how much money we have. fact is wages are massive and our ground generates sod all money per match day.

I am not trying to make out we have been run perfectly.

Nailed it mate. Few days left now to get things done.

Spot on mate.

Put your energy into supporting the team lad an stop talking crap. Going on and on and on about the board.
Some proper strap-ons using this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back