Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say, Fulham, need a new cb, but can't afford, or for whatever reason, can't sign, a long-term decent option this window, they may wish to get Johnny for the rest of this season, paying slightly higher wages, in order to stay in the premier league, meaning in the long-run they save money. However, they may be confident of getting in a permanent option in the summer for better value, and so do not wish to tie him down to a contract and be left in the same situation which we are in now!

Cheers Jags, that makes a lot of sense now.

we have 0 strikers who are fit. Not a single one. And of the 3 (injured) strikers we have, two arent even our strikers.

we have 2 fit CM's. From the VERY beginning Martinez said he wanted to get in a CM.

No, we are most assuredly not stronger than we were on January 1st.

Mirallas is actually a striker so is Naismith, so that's 2, Barry,McCarthy,Osman, Pienaar all can play midfield
in terms of the actually squad it is stronger than Jan 1st we just have injuries at the moment

we have 0 strikers who are fit. Not a single one. And of the 3 (injured) strikers we have, two arent even our strikers.

we have 2 fit CM's. From the VERY beginning Martinez said he wanted to get in a CM.

No, we are most assuredly not stronger than we were on January 1st.

Really? Cos unless I'm mistaken we have Velios and McAleney who are strikers, granted they aren't first choice but to say we have no strikers is ridiculous

You know what? QPR got promoted under Warnock with a journeyman/ average team. Then they made the silly mistake of buying a new one and it all went tits up for them. Now under Warnock they are going to either get promoted with a journeyman squad again, or all the players they owned last year will come back and they can repeat the whole thing again!

Would love to see that happen.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures, so I re-wrote a song for us all to enjoy:

Melody: David Bowie - Space Oddity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcyuKUtgyZ8
Lyrics: Netromelo (Copyright 2014)

---

GrandOldTeam to Everton
GrandOldTeam to Everton
Get your warchest out and spend now, Everton
GrandOldTeam to Everton

Commencing meltdown
Is it on?
Check the servers,
And may Bill's love be with you

This is GrandOldTeam to Everton
You know it's Deadline Daaaay?
'Cos in the papers it's all looking very graaaay
Now it's time to sign a player, Martineeeez

This is Everton to GrandOldTeam
We've spent it all on loaaaans
And the cash from Marouane, that's all but gone
'Cos the other operating costs, we paaaaid

If weeee do not have a good backup plan
Come the summer time
GrandOldTeam will fume
And there's nothing I can doooo

[...Can't be bothered to do this verse...]

GrandOldTeam to Everton
We're signing none, there's something wrong
Can you hear me Everton?
Can you hear me Everton?
Can you hear me Everton?
Can you...

If weeee don't have a great backup plan
Come the summertime
GrandOldTeam will fume
And there's nothing I can doooo

Who knows if Bill could be a hero, just for one day?

Really? Cos unless I'm mistaken we have Velios and McAleney who are strikers, granted they aren't first choice but to say we have no strikers is ridiculous

Oh come on... That's like saying if Howard and Joel get injured, we still have 'keepers in Threepwood and Taudul. Get real.

Fulham are closing in on the signing of Everton's John Heitinga, Sky Sports understands.

The Dutch international defender has been looking to secure a move away from Goodison Park all this month.

He turned down a move to West Ham, and had looked set to move abroad with Roma and Galatasaray both showing an interest.

Now it seems Fulham have persuaded him to move to London. The 30-year-old is in talks with the Cottagers and undergoing a medical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back