Sin Bins to be trialled

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is a crap idea that actually encourages more abuse, not less
If they want to stop players abusing the ref send more of them off like Dunk at the weekend (who I read called the ref a bald prick) don’t give them a little ‘time out’ for being naughty

This all goes back to todays players growing up watching Gerrard, Carragher, Rooney etc, screaming abuse in refs faces to get whatever they wanted and no ref ever did anything about it so they thought that was the thing to do to get a competitive edge.
Just send more players off if you want to stop it happening 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pointless change. In rugby it's significant, because a player less can make a team tire quickly. In football- where does it come in? Instead of a yellow? Instead of a red? Only if it's a yellow and the team plays in blue? Just use the yellow and red more freely for acts of cheating ffs.

Having said that, 10 minutes out of the match for diving would maybe regain some of my interest in the sport entertainment.

Yes! that’s the issue, not enough rules… The absolute helmets can’t get on field decisions right with another load of them watching on with replays and headsets at the moment ffs!
Retrospective punishment for Diving/cheating/dissent would make the problems disappear overnight, yet the main culprits of these exact issues are the Premier league’s golden tickets so they are not interested. I can’t help but think this is yet another opportunity to skew the playing field in favour of the brand drivers, especially if it’s a close game and the outcome they want isn’t being achieved. So many imbeciles involved in decision/law making for football it’s already farcical enough every weekend.

Feck me, if they introduce sin bins Everton's will need a lot of seats in it. They'd be made up having us down to 8 men for long periods of the game, in fact, they'd probably change the rules of the game and allow games to go on without 7 or more players, just so they could sin bin a few more of our players if they needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.