SK Brann 0-2 Everton - 13th Feb 19:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
the much talked about billiard ball is not in the UEFA rapport, and Brann might go without sanctions. According to UEFA officials its VERY rare that anything thats not in the report gets sanctioned.

This is offcourse what we Brann supporters hoped for, but mind you, this is not being taken lightly. All major newspapers and tv stations have had stories on this, and following it closely. head of security at Brann stadium is considering Netting in parts of the stadium.

They've made progress trying to find the asshat who did this, and recieving (quote head of security;)" a flood of tips".
if caught, h e will then most likely recieve a lifetime ban, and crminal charges.

Its not confirmed if he is even a Brann fan, but odds point to that direction.

Cant do anything but appologize that this should happen, this is the first time we've ever had anything ( hard ) thrown into the field, only other objects i can remember...is a few eggs and some coffee.

will update if story developes.

to be honest i hope they dont net or fence the stadium.

fences and netting just ruins the fun for good fans like yourself , but doesnt punish or stop the bad fans from acting up.

the best and only way to go is better trained stewards , cctv and tougher punishments for bad fans.

i think society as a whole has a lot of responsability to take too.
good fans need to stand up more to the troublemakers. collectivly we should force the bad elements out the game by booing , naming and shaming those who think going to a match is anything more than watching a game of football and having a good time.

i would also put money on the fact that 99 % of all football violence is related to alcohol consumption.
pubs make a hell of a lot of money from football fans. but dont take any responsability for the trouble that leads from it.

then again there is a flip side to this.
im from northampton and last week leeds utd were playing us. one pub in particular close to sixfeilds stadium got totally smashed up by 40 leeds fans.

oh and guess what ? there were only 2 arrests , and they were let out within hours.

imo all 40 of those fans should have had there heads caved in by the police.
but the police nowadays are a limp wristed waste of public money.

call me old fashioned but i beleive fire should be fought with fire . zero tolerance , a good kicking and your head caved in from a nutter copper , a hefty fine and a good lengthy ban from football stadiums and a court ban from buying or drinking alchohol would easily solve the problem.

to be honest i hope they dont net or fence the stadium.

fences and netting just ruins the fun for good fans like yourself , but doesnt punish or stop the bad fans from acting up.

the best and only way to go is better trained stewards , cctv and tougher punishments for bad fans.

Id rather go for the net if thats my options. Stewards, police and cctv is not good because I fear that we'll end up like in England where you can't even stand up because the club has all these rules, and the police is there redy to bounce you if you cross the line. I would go for the net and still have a good time in the terrace.

Id rather go for the net if thats my options. Stewards, police and cctv is not good because I fear that we'll end up like in England where you can't even stand up because the club has all these rules, and the police is there redy to bounce you if you cross the line. I would go for the net and still have a good time in the terrace.

Yeah, that's for sure..I couldn't imagine how bad it would have been to be forced to sit on the terrace...

the much talked about billiard ball is not in the UEFA rapport, and Brann might go without sanctions. According to UEFA officials its VERY rare that anything thats not in the report gets sanctioned.

This is offcourse what we Brann supporters hoped for, but mind you, this is not being taken lightly. All major newspapers and tv stations have had stories on this, and following it closely. head of security at Brann stadium is considering Netting in parts of the stadium.

They've made progress trying to find the asshat who did this, and recieving (quote head of security;)" a flood of tips".
if caught, h e will then most likely recieve a lifetime ban, and crminal charges.

Its not confirmed if he is even a Brann fan, but odds point to that direction.

Cant do anything but appologize that this should happen, this is the first time we've ever had anything ( hard ) thrown into the field, only other objects i can remember...is a few eggs and some coffee.

will update if story developes.

Don't worry my friend, it's not as if Everton supporters have a clean record. (Claus Jensen coined last season, anyone?) Thankfully no-one was hurt, and we are happy to move on. These things happen; minority support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back