Sky TV fixtures announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another topic, Sunderland (a) moved to a weekday evening AGAIN. When was the last time we played at Sunderland on a Saturday?

It's s conspiracy mate, THEY don't us to play Sunderland on a weekend. I could go on about the reasons but I've got to stay quiet as Murdoch knows some really bad people. The powers that be will do everything in their power to make things harder for us. Everything. I'm really surprised no one mentions this on here.

The ONLY thing that

The ONLY thing that will attract a new generation of fans is having a good team that plays attractive football, achieve this & more exposure will follow. The past 2 seasons 10 teams have been better than us. To put it bluntly, we don't & havent deserved it. That's it in a nutshell, no conspiracies about the media towards us, no paranoia, we are where we are because we've not been very good. As I say, im 46 & my dad would also take me to watch Liverpool when we were playing away, Everton fans going to watch Liverpool wasn't unheard of in them days. I just think the older generation of fans don't get caught up in all this paranoia/conspiracy stuff. The younger Blues seem to have a massive chip on their shoulder though, because they've not really seen much success. I'll prob be called a Kopite because these younger fans can't handle my opinion. I could sit down all day & talk football to the older, more mature Blues but sit me down with the new generation & the talk will always come down to their hatred of 'other' teams, the anti Everton media etc etc. I find it a bit embarrassing to be honest
I'm older than you claim to be and 'Everton fans going to watch Liverpool wasn't unheard of in them days' was but maybe not in your house. 'I'll prob be called a Kopite' but not by me because it's against GOT rules and I don't think you are because of your username.

I'm older than you claim to be and 'Everton fans going to watch Liverpool wasn't unheard of in them days' was but maybe not in your house. 'I'll prob be called a Kopite' but not by me because it's against GOT rules and I don't think you are because of your username.
I remember in the 70's going to watch a couple of Liverpool games with a red friend.

no it was craig
Of no particular relevance apart from this : there was a band in the 1960s called The Craig whose first, and best, song was called I must be mad. Which is what I'll be thinking in about 10 minutes when the dawn chorus starts chirping away like nobody's business. It was also Carl Palmer's, of ELP fame, first band. Nine minutes to go ; and it's even more annoying when they're late.

I can verify this as both my dad and grandad told me that it was quite common for a gang of mates to watch their own team one week, and also occasionally go to watch Liverpool with their mates.
You have to remember that in the early 50's, there wasn't the bitterness which exists nowadays, and although you supported your own team, it was normal to go along to watch another team if your mates supported them.
Another aspect which was different then was going to away games, my dad told me he went to most away games in the early-mid 1950's, and the away fans were not in one section as it is now, in fact you would just pay at any gate and mingle with the home fans in any section of the ground, that was how it was !

I can verify this as both my dad and grandad told me that it was quite common for a gang of mates to watch their own team one week, and also occasionally go to watch Liverpool with their mates.
You have to remember that in the early 50's, there wasn't the bitterness which exists nowadays, and although you supported your own team, it was normal to go along to watch another team if your mates supported them.
Another aspect which was different then was going to away games, my dad told me he went to most away games in the early-mid 1950's, and the away fans were not in one section as it is now, in fact you would just pay at any gate and mingle with the home fans in any section of the ground, that was how it was !
The 50s and 70s were different times.

I'm older than you claim to be and 'Everton fans going to watch Liverpool wasn't unheard of in them days' was but maybe not in your house. 'I'll prob be called a Kopite' but not by me because it's against GOT rules and I don't think you are because of your username.[/QUOTE

Not sure why you find it so hard to comprehend, but let me fill you in. Shouldn't have to like. But I seem to have to explain everything on here or I'm thought of as a Kopite for having a fair minded & sometimes different opinion to some on here

My dad was a match going blue, as was his dad, they'd go & watch footy most weeks, their allegiance was to Everton but being footy mad, they'd go & watch the other lot too when we were away. Dad carried this on with me, as I was footy mad, this stopped around the time the hooligans started taking over, around 82. Shoot me. Obviously, these were the days before saturation coverage & you had to get your fix from somewhere instead of just every other week. I suppose that's why I haven't got the same levels of hatred as some on here for them. I'd say that's because it was the way I was brought up. Why is that hard for you to comprehend? I dont like them, a healthy dislike, if you will, but the hatred levels have become really unhealthy and it's not good.I've said it before, I'll say it again. I could talk footy all day to a majority of fans my age or older. But sit me down & talk with a new generation Blue. I'd rather leave it, as they're paranoid, think everyone hates them & are more concerned about their hatred of other clubs. I love this club, but I'm embarrassed by the behaviour of some of our fans at Derbies. It oversteps the line. I'd like to think there's good Reds fans who could say the same about their 'fans' too as their no angels either. Suppose its a sign of the s@£& society we live in. I don't like Derbies now, I'm seriously considering giving it a miss this year. It's poisonous. That's how bad it's become.

Was your friend called Dad?

I believe you I really do. I just don't think it was overly common for that to happen.

Didn't say it was overly common, I said it wasn't unheard of. You're obviously having trouble comprehending this. Oh well, I tried, but some things are hard to get across to people, even when it's not that difficult to understand..

Of course they were, but I'm just trying to highlight the fact that within the relatively short time period of 20 years, the mentality and behaviour of football fans changed radically.

My dad in the 50s went to the match every Saturday, alternating. He was Everton first, Lpool second, like many people in those days who were happy to see the region do well. You still hear it these days from some K*pites who say ManU is their main rival and they are quite happy for us to do well, as long as we dont do better than them. I dont regard these people as proper supporters, a view shared by my lifelong best mate, a Red. By the time me and my brother were regulars in the 60s, we put him right on "supporting" the reds; but I must say I *do* remember that derby day was very friendly and enjoyable (and we sometimes won).
On another topic, unless I have misread, someone claimed their dad went to both Everton and the other place, and away games. Tricky that.

Of course they were, but I'm just trying to highlight the fact that within the relatively short time period of 20 years, the mentality and behaviour of football fans changed radically.

Society mate, walk through town, or any major city, any day of the week & witness some of the filth that populate our towns. Put the news on, read the papers. And some of these knuckledraggers go & watch the footy. It may sound like I'm getting disillusioned with the Footy, I'm just disillusioned with the Shoiiite world we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back