Sligo Rovers v Everton, Friday 19th July, 4pm

If we based last season on the pre-season friendly at Stoke, we'd have been relegated to the Vanarama League. As you say, people look far too much into them.
They mean sod all mate. I'm sure we won every single pre-season game before 03-04 and then finished 17th only to lose every single pre-season game before 04-05, get tipped for relegation and then finish 4th! I sincerely miss the days when you never even heard the pre-season results until the following Monday in a tiny results article at the back of the echo!

I accept that the games matter more the closer we get to competitive matches, but I don't think it's any surprise there is a correlation between our poor and disorganised pre seasons and not starting the season well.

I agree with you, some don’t want to admit it

I accept that the games matter more the closer we get to competitive matches, but I don't think it's any surprise there is a correlation between our poor and disorganised pre seasons and not starting the season well.
But we have generally been crap all season
A warm up in Sligo is nothing more than that

But we have generally been crap all season
A warm up in Sligo is nothing more than that
We have started seasons very slowly by and large, in recent years.

Not treating pre season games seriously has been part of that. As has not having the squad assembled properly until deadline day.

We got better as the season went on last year. And that was a good job because we had a single point from 5 games in September!

We have started seasons very slowly by and large, in recent years.

Not treating pre season games seriously has been part of that. As has not having the squad assembled properly until deadline day.

We got better as the season went on last year. And that was a good job because we had a single point from 5 games in September!
Yeh,point taken. Not this game though, literally a warm up

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back