Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically Mourinho said it was ridiculous that Spurs had to play twice in 3 days.

Then the game yesterday got called off and he moaned about that too.

Is there literally anything Mourinho won't moan about these days. The most charismatic man in football has gradually evolved into the most boring, tedious man in sport. What has happened to him??

Real Madrid completely broke him mentally, he’s never been the same since. Then the Chelsea physio fiasco finished him off. He isn’t a well man.

For me its not the action of the petulant kick out which makes me dislike your club. Its his reaction, your clubs reaction, the medias reaction and your fans reaction.

Yous out kopited the kopites by somehow making the bloke who caused a fellow professional a serious injury into the victim.

Assuming they're not a local rival, I would personally struggle to find it within me to in any great way dislike any club that has won two league titles. I also couldn't care less about the Son-Gomes thing as he only intended to trip Gomes up. It was hard luck and it will one day happen to Spurs and their fans will absolutely react the same way ours did, which makes the whole argument boring and pointless. I know that's not everyone's position, but there you go.

Assuming they're not a local rival, I would personally struggle to find it within me to in any great way dislike any club that has won two league titles. I also couldn't care less about the Son-Gomes thing as he only intended to trip Gomes up. It was hard luck and it will one day happen to Spurs and their fans will absolutely react the same way ours did, which makes the whole argument boring and pointless. I know that's not everyone's position, but there you go.
Whether i agree with you here depends on your opinion on the following.

Why did he trip him?

Was it a tactical foul or was it retribution for an earlier incident?

Just because a player got a really bad injury through another players action is not enough to warrant ill will from me. Hell Rondon broke McCarthy's leg and he came out of it in a better light for me because his reaction was genuine and the incident was done without malice.

For me Son has gone in to leave one on Gomes because of a combination of him having a temper tantrum over not conning the ref into giving him a pen and also catching a stray arm from Gomes as he was shielding the ball a couple of minutes prior. He has previous for getting sent off for lashing out.

Why did he trip him?

Just because a player got a really bad injury through another players action is not enough to warrant ill will from me. Hell Rondon broke McCarthy's leg and he came out of it in a better light for me because his reaction was genuine and the incident was done without malice.

For me Son has gone in to leave one on Gomes because of a combination of him having a temper tantrum over not conning the ref into giving him a pen and also catching a stray arm from Gomes as he was shielding the ball a couple of minutes prior. He has previous for getting sent off for lashing out.

And afters as well.

Wasn’t he sent off for a similiar type of tackle a couple months later?

The long & the short of it is that it kills time while working from home. The wierd Spurs hatred that has exploded on GoT in the aftermath of Son trying to kill Gomes is an interesting phenomenon to witness though i must admit.

Let's face it it's easier to get along when you are not direct rivals so in that aspect you've had 10 good years. :)

He has won everything there is to win but he is now old and is probably unhappy that he is on the way down the managerial ladder at a mid table club.

I doubt that. He just has to find his niche. It might all be fine now he has Bale. The Son post match interview incident was not a good sign though.

Why did he trip him?

I don't want to get into this as it was ages ago, but sure, Son intentionally tripped him out of frustration. The injury that followed was not intended at all. It was no more dangerous than any tactical yellow, for me. I'm certainly not on Son's side for any of this, to be clear. He's clearly got a temper on him and incredibly went on to risk hurting someone again, later in the season. It was harsh on us, as we lost an important player for no good reason for 4 months, so anger is understandable, but again, this will happen to Spurs at some point and the posters telling Evertonians to forget about it will all be foaming at the mouth and completely go against every point they're making now, because it won't suit them, so the whole conversation is a boring waste of time.

I don't want to get into this as it was ages ago, but sure, Son intentionally tripped him out of frustration. The injury that followed was not intended at all. It was no more dangerous than any tactical yellow, for me. I'm certainly not on Son's side for any of this, to be clear. He's clearly got a temper on him and incredibly went on to risk hurting someone again, later in the season. It was harsh on us, as we lost an important player for no good reason for 4 months, so anger is understandable, but again, this will happen to Spurs at some point and the posters telling Evertonians to forget about it will all be foaming at the mouth and completely go against every point they're making now, because it won't suit them, so the whole conversation is a boring waste of time.
Yep, can't disagree there mate.

this will happen to Spurs at some point and the posters telling Evertonians to forget about it will all be foaming at the mouth and completely go against every point they're making now, because it won't suit them, so the whole conversation is a boring waste of time.

See Dimitri Payet for details. Or Harry Kane for that matter. Go back further and Charlie Adam used to try and do Bale every season. Sometimes succeeded. I hate Charlie Adam for that but I don't hate Stoke supporters in general.

Football fans, including Spurs supporters, are fickle and mostly hypocrites.

I've been here long enough to remember the reaction to West Ham fans and Payet-gate. A little bit of pot/kettle i suggest.

;)
The difference is we didn't ignore the player on the floor holding his leg and announce the culprit as the victim.

I personally found the Payet thing hilarious just because I don't like West Ham but not once did I say "I wonder if McCarthy's ok?".

And at least McCarthy tried to play the ball (and got it), unlike that man baby yous have.

I've been here long enough to remember the reaction to West Ham fans and Payet-gate. A little bit of pot/kettle i suggest.

;)

The whole Payet gate thing was cringe from their side though.

I remember about 3 weeks early Eric Dier had put the same tackle in on Tom Cleverley and put him out of action for a couple of months, and we got awarded a throw on. If you don't believe me, watch the game back, it was in the right back slot, at the opposite end of the pitch to where the fans sit, about 20 from the goal line. I remember a few murmurs it should have been a free kick on here, but no mention of red, or even yellow cards. It was an identical tackle.

They build Payet into this Zidane esque icon who loved West Ham. He had 1 decent season and has faded back to obscurity after that. He scored 9 goals, most of them free kicks. Richarlinson has just scored 13 goals in consecutive seasons, yet the way they went on about Payet he would be the far superior player.

He also didn't care about West Ham 1 bit. He wanted a move and played for a move. Within weeks of the season finishing he made it known he wanted out. He's done nthong with his career after that. It was pathetic. A firm tackle and nothing more.

There's no rivalry with West Ham either. They're a small team, who've never won the league. The humour it caused was not out of rivalry, it was out of astonishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back