Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Payet gate thing was cringe from their side though.

I remember about 3 weeks early Eric Dier had put the same tackle in on Tom Cleverley and put him out of action for a couple of months, and we got awarded a throw on. If you don't believe me, watch the game back, it was in the right back slot, at the opposite end of the pitch to where the fans sit, about 20 from the goal line. I remember a few murmurs it should have been a free kick on here, but no mention of red, or even yellow cards. It was an identical tackle.

They build Payet into this Zidane esque icon who loved West Ham. He had 1 decent season and has faded back to obscurity after that. He scored 9 goals, most of them free kicks. Richarlinson has just scored 13 goals in consecutive seasons, yet the way they went on about Payet he would be the far superior player.

He also didn't care about West Ham 1 bit. He wanted a move and played for a move. Within weeks of the season finishing he made it known he wanted out. He's done nthong with his career after that. It was pathetic. A firm tackle and nothing more.

There's no rivalry with West Ham either. They're a small team, who've never won the league. The humour it caused was not out of rivalry, it was out of astonishment.

Payet now has a 'mosaic' in his honour between Geoff Hurst and someone else at West Hams (rented) ground.

Fans are 'up in arms' about it.

There is an 11 week break between the last 16 next week, and the quarter finals. They aren't due until like the 23 December.

Are they seriously trying to say there was no point in the next 11 weeks they could have rearranged the match? Yes it would have been an inconvenience for Spurs due to Europe, but throwing Orient out was entirely avoidable.

There is an 11 week break between the last 16 next week, and the quarter finals. They aren't due until like the 23 December.

Are they seriously trying to say there was no point in the next 11 weeks they could have rearranged the match? Yes it would have been an inconvenience for Spurs due to Europe, but throwing Orient out was entirely avoidable.

I read that if Barnsley had beaten Chelsea that our game vs Orient would have been rearranged but because Chelsea won we were given a bye. No idea what the thinking behind that was.

Be interesting to see if they do that to the bigger clubs when the inevitable happens over winter.

yeah, i think it sets a good precedent for clubs to keep everything under control, and the orient players will be gutted they've missed out on such a big game. I do sympathise with them a tad due to the comparison with PL clubs having daily tests, especially those who didn't test positive, but they've got to treat every club the same, if a big team has 5 or so missing through positive tests, sadly that's the way it's got to be. I mean we had to play a derby when we've lost all our players on international duty, that was horrific, but every team has to go through games where players are unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back