Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an 11 week break between the last 16 next week, and the quarter finals. They aren't due until like the 23 December.

Are they seriously trying to say there was no point in the next 11 weeks they could have rearranged the match? Yes it would have been an inconvenience for Spurs due to Europe, but throwing Orient out was entirely avoidable.

I honestly don't know if there would be a chance to have fitted it in because there is the extra midweek premier league games to fit in, England international breaks, Europa League group games and a date for the rearranged fixture against Chelsea would also have to have been found.

I honestly don't know if there would be a chance to have fitted it in because there is the extra midweek premier league games to fit in, England international breaks, Europa League group games and a date for the rearranged fixture against Chelsea would also have to have been found.

There are no midweek premier league games until about 15 December IIRC. None in October or November at all.

Leyton Orient said they could field a team for the game.

Not sure about that because both the stadium and the training ground had been shut down to be sanitised. All levels at the club use the same facilities so the youth players had also been in contact and they also maybe have to self isolate for however many days?

My understanding is their ground was off limits rather than a fielding a team issue

There was 17 players infected with it so maybe the only way to have played the game last week was at WHL but against a youth team but would Spurs wanted to play against them as they will have been in contact with the first team?

There was 17 players infected with it so maybe the only way to have played the game last week was at WHL but against a youth team but would Spurs wanted to play against them as they will have been in contact with the first team?

100% agree with you - But from an LO point of view; they said they would be able to field "a" team & game should go ahead (ultimately their only priority was the TV money)....

It was the ground not being accessible that was the mechanic for cancellation

Agree. Sets a dangerous precedent (and I mean dangerous). Clubs will simply refuse to take a test now.

100% agree.
heard an interview with the O's owner, he said that they had "Lost out on £125,000 for doing the right thing while the other lower teams who refused the test still got the money."
I did read that Spurs have given Orient the money they lost out on but as we all know, we can't believe half of what we read.
This virus is causing major obstacles and will probably cause many more?

There are no midweek premier league games until about 15 December IIRC. None in October or November at all.

If there was a chance to play both the rearranged Orient and Chelsea games then I can only assume that the rule of
"Not being able to fulfill a fixture means a forfeit" was activated?

Cant get my head round this.

Would lower league clubs not give fitness tests to players? Its the same thing. I can get a club not being able to afford testing, (PFA step in imo and pay). But if a club refuses to test when someone else picks up the tab, I really dont know where to go with that.

Does make you wonder that maybe players from many other lower league teams were positive CV19 when they played premier league opposition these past 2 weeks. I guess we'll find out in the next 2 weeks.

Premier League (correctly) looking after their own competition and players first.
If teams like Hull continue to refuse to have the tests done then they should be kicked out BUT the flip side to this is, any team in the lower league that is forced to have the tests done, if they are found to have say four positive tests, those players will probably have to sit out games against league rivals but the league rivals will be stronger because they haven't had tests done.

Big problems.

Premier League (correctly) looking after their own competition and players first.
If teams like Hull continue to not have the tests done then they should be kicked out BUT the flip side to that is, any team in the lower league that is forced to have the tests done, if they are found to have four positive tests, those players will probably have to sit out games against league rivals and the rivals will be stronger because they haven't had tests done.

Big problems.

So its fine and dandy for clubs to ignore the health risks of their entire staff, and their players families, to hopefully get a point away at Rotherham?

Like you say, big problem.

Like I say. PFA need to step up and pay for their members well being. Its just so simple to solve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back