Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane will make his move at the end of the season when the all round superior Calvert Lewin takes his England place and he realises he’s on the wane and needs to win something.
If DCL continues the way he has been this season, and Kane does the same, and the two of them work together on the field, then that could be quite a frightening front two for the international team. I fear however that they both do fairly similar type of roles in their own style so might not work together, but for England's sake I hope that's not the case.

See a few of the posters I’m ignoring are back on here and probably again playing their silly childish games.
A bit of advice for you. Stop worrying about “Bottlers Spurs” and just enjoy your own non bottling Everton finally having a good run of winning games ;)

Do you still have me on ignore? No need for it. I’m not trying get you banned I wouldn’t do that to anybody. I don’t mind Spurs either.

...I had a little look at the betting earlier, City are favourites followed by the Reds. We’re as low as 20-1, whilst United are a general 50-1.

I think best odds seem to be about 16s. Very similar to Spurs really. I'd imagine we were 250-1 at the start of the season, so really come in a fair bit. If we win the next game I can see it being below 10's.

I have to say, in my lifetime I've never known us to be joint 4th favourites for the title.

Because we didn't have Ancelotti and were spending large amounts getting useless players. See how much we have spent since on half a team.
Didn't you all just spend an actual billion on something?
Because it is a media narrative. I don't understand it full stop. We literally have had like 5 years in PL history where those 6 clubs finished 1 to 6. It didn't last year. It won't again this year. I don't get any of it. That's why there are quotes around it.

So ask someone else.
It amuses me that you consider Spurs as a bigger club than us.

You've literally won nothing, ever.
Pat pat pat
You're quite tedious these days.
Relentless isn't it
As above, tedious
Now The Headpatters are vanquished I will turn my attention to this
The gang, you mean his fellow Everton fans on an Everton forum, spooky the way they all turned up innit.
Evening toffees
That’s got to be some of the most hideous, forced and garrulous headpatting I’ve ever seen.

Christ, I thought the Sunderland fans were bad.
Harry Headpatter is back in the room lads.

Koff to wherever it is you were, gobshite.

“I thought I knew what the group might need, that we didn’t need a big team talk,” Keane said. “It was Tottenham at home. I thought please don’t go on about Tottenham, we all know what Tottenham is about, they are nice and tidy but we’ll (rude word) do them. He came in and said: ‘Lads, it’s Tottenham’, and that was it. Brilliant.”

So lads, it's Tottenham ;)

“I thought I knew what the group might need, that we didn’t need a big team talk,” Keane said. “It was Tottenham at home. I thought please don’t go on about Tottenham, we all know what Tottenham is about, they are nice and tidy but we’ll (rude word) do them. He came in and said: ‘Lads, it’s Tottenham’, and that was it. Brilliant.”

So lads, it's Tottenham ;)

Ancient history though right?

In our last 12 league meetings with Man U we have W5 D1 L6. Even stevens.

In Everton's last 12 league meetings with Man U you have W2 D4 L6

So lads it's..........

Ancient history though right?

In our last 12 league meetings with Man U we have W5 D1 L6. Even stevens.

In Everton's last 12 league meetings with Man U you have W2 D4 L6

So lads it's..........
... only Man United.

Tottenham have shed their soft underbelly image for the top teams in the league, I hope that Everton have started to shed theirs too.

... only Man United.

Tottenham have shed their soft underbelly image for the top teams in the league, I hope that Everton have started to shed theirs too.

Obviously i used stats that painted Spurs in the best light ;)

All time Man U vs Spurs W92 D49 L53

All time Man U vs EFC W88 D45 L70

:blush:

Obviously i used stats that painted Spurs in the best light ;)

All time Man U vs Spurs W92 D49 L53

All time Man U vs EFC W88 D45 L70

:blush:
To be honest, I have nothing for or against Spurs. I did up until a few years ago see Spurs as wallowing around a bit behind us, until you bucked your ideas up. For me, there has to be lessons learned as how to take that step up from the leading pack to European regular and be consistently in the CL. The selling of Bale and the wholesale changes in personnel were the ground zero alongside a longer term plan including a new stadium and non-footballing revenue. Obviously the whole pandemic thing threw a spanner in the works with the last part of that, and Spurs enjoy the London effect over us, but it seems to me that this is not wholly different to the way Everton are going but are still seasons away from breaking into that 'regulars group' as we aren't even in Europe yet.

Also I think how City have progressed over recent years is the same but on a wholly different level with the new stadium already being in place and plenty of even higher profile signings than either Spurs or Everton can realistically manage (though James and Bale might exchange knowing looks at that statement). I do hope we are entering a new phase of different teams coming into prominence or at least a wider spread of teams challenging. Interesting times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back