Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a strange one. Even though we got mugged by NUFC, on another day we would have scored 5 or 6. THFC v EFC was the outlier.....really not sure why we never turned up.

Long season though so not getting carried away just yet.

Apologies for the off topic, but it kind of gives me hope when I see that. Spurs have been very impressive barring that result, and in truth were quite well beaten at home by us, which makes me think we must be doing certain things right.

As for Spurs, I watched the Amazon Prime documentary which as always has lots in it. What came through to me though, was you only really saw the "real" Mourinho in the last couple of episodes, and he probably only felt he had a team in his image in the last handful of games. You probably won't like this, but the concept as Spurs as nice guys but ultimately losers has a lot of resonance to it. He set that training game up, to spark a fight, and built off that energy and anger.

From the Lamela incient, to Harry Kane's quick free kick, you looked like a ruthless, nasty side to me, which is exactly what Mourinho wants. He will be delighted with Lamela. Neutrals won't like it, and christ when he did it to Spurs with Chelsea in that game when you were going for the title you probably didn't like it. But you love it when its your team.

Aaaahhhh they are back now. Was quite for a while lads.

From club in crisis to ‘title contenders’
Everton. Are still pony....

WINNERS AND LOSERS OF THE WINDOW?

Sky Sports News’ Kaveh Solhekol…

"The big winners are the clubs who weren’t scrabbling around on Deadline Day trying to do last-minute deals. People in football always say the well-run clubs don’t get involved in Deadline Day, their business is already done. So I would say, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Spurs.

“If you look at the business Spurs have done, bringing in all the players they wanted – Hojbjerg Hart, Bale, Reguilon, Vinicius. Harry Redknapp thinks Spurs could win the title, they have had a brilliant window and they could still sign a centre-back before the EFL window closes.”

#twiffic

Cheers fella. I know i am a 'guest' thats why anyone will stuggle to find a single post where i have made a negative post about EFC. Might partake of a bit of leg pulling now and again but thats about it.

Ya rascal.
My dads a spurs man. Why he let me uncle convert me to Everton baffles me to this day. I think it’s because he loved me and wanted me to experience continued heart ache and disappointment.

From club in crisis to ‘title contenders’
Everton. Are still pony....

WINNERS AND LOSERS OF THE WINDOW?

Sky Sports News’ Kaveh Solhekol…

"The big winners are the clubs who weren’t scrabbling around on Deadline Day trying to do last-minute deals. People in football always say the well-run clubs don’t get involved in Deadline Day, their business is already done. So I would say, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Spurs.

“If you look at the business Spurs have done, bringing in all the players they wanted – Hojbjerg Hart, Bale, Reguilon, Vinicius. Harry Redknapp thinks Spurs could win the title, they have had a brilliant window and they could still sign a centre-back before the EFL window closes.”

#twiffic

Its Sky. Enough said.

Don't be passive/aggressive fella. Name names.

Spurs fans posting on a thread entitled SPURS. Controversial.

P.S. I have made 6 posts every 5 days in 11.5 years. Prolific.

P.P.S i was on here 8 years before you. Newbie.

You did not post 6 times daily in around the period between us spanking you at home and that sorry display against Newcastle. Unless you mean on average which means you got a calculator out and did the math like some kinda freak.

Some acclaimed poster. Neg rep, your profile is 7 years older than this one yet mine has 3000+ more likes.

Your manager came out and said Spurs have a small history during your stay away. So I’m not blaming you that it took you this long to come on the thread. That was painful to watch and I’m not a Spurs fan.

(edit) you can now reply kid4life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back