Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son has scored 7 goals from 12 shots. That hot streak will end. Also I think teams are going to come to grips with Kane coming short and playing in behind to the wingers. At the same time I doubt a Mourinho team defends this poorly all season.

If that front three keeps firing or in Bale's case starts firing they'll be a real problem. They should be disappointed to not get CL. But I personally don't trust Jose if it goes sideways a bit.
As much as I think Son is a bit of sh**house, he is a very good striker of the ball and seems recently to be coming across good opportunities to shoot, so I don't see that hot streak becoming anything less than general good form soon - he'll be a goal scoring threat for a long time to come. But Kane is operating in a different way that I don't think benefits his goal scoring ability - maybe if Bale as you say, starts firing he'll start opening it up more for Kane again - and that might be a real problem.

Other than that, a bit of a weak underbelly will undermine them getting to the very top, but I can see they are stuttering back into decent shape - a 3-3 will not derail them. Top 4 challengers surely but they could go south quite easily if they get any absences up front. Having said that, there's a whole lot of teams with a decent first eleven and not much behind that such as us or the rs or Leicester - we're all gambling on fitness issues really.

Son has scored 7 goals from 12 shots. That hot streak will end. Also I think teams are going to come to grips with Kane coming short and playing in behind to the wingers. At the same time I doubt a Mourinho team defends this poorly all season.

If that front three keeps firing or in Bale's case starts firing they'll be a real problem. They should be disappointed to not get CL. But I personally don't trust Jose if it goes sideways a bit.

No necessarily. He's a brilliant finisher and Kane is creating clear chances for him, not half chances really.

As much as I think Son is a bit of sh**house, he is a very good striker of the ball and seems recently to be coming across good opportunities to shoot, so I don't see that hot streak becoming anything less than general good form soon - he'll be a goal scoring threat for a long time to come. But Kane is operating in a different way that I don't think benefits his goal scoring ability - maybe if Bale as you say, starts firing he'll start opening it up more for Kane again - and that might be a real problem.

Other than that, a bit of a weak underbelly will undermine them getting to the very top, but I can see they are stuttering back into decent shape - a 3-3 will not derail them. Top 4 challengers surely but they could go south quite easily if they get any absences up front. Having said that, there's a whole lot of teams with a decent first eleven and not much behind that such as us or the rs or Leicester - we're all gambling on fitness issues really.
I'm not saying Son isn't good or that he will stop scoring completely. I'm just saying scoring on over 50% of his shots is unsustainable. Dom for example has the same number of goals but on 35% of his shots which is still pushing what a forward player can maintain for an entire year. Son's rate is going to come down no doubt but he is good enough that he can just shoot more instead.

Message loud and clear ;).
To solve the problem I will start putting a few more of the W.U.M. who contribute nothing but digs on ignore.

When you meet your maker pressing ignore is no longer an option.

Stay safe h.h

It's going to be us v Tottenham for the title.
I'm going to feel gross after saying this but to this point the RS are still favorites and the best side. Now maybe "Big Virg" being out hurts them to the point of complete defensive ineptitude but that attack is good and they're going to score enough to be in and around 85 or more points.

Now City on the other hand are looking not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back