Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you saw on Sunday, the Spurs midfield is poor so you cannot shoot if the midfield isn't good enough to pass the ball to you.
Harry Winks a starting regular says it all.
He was struggling to shoot before the midfield got bad. In fact I think part of Alli's issue at the minute is the give it to Harry within 25 yards and let him rip one strategy has dried up and he actually has to create.

It is kind of a both question for me. Yes the midfield isn't that good but, to bring this full circle a bit,Calvert-Lewin put up a similar shots per 90 minutes number as Kane last season with our midfield. So mid field is bad sure but Harry isn't quite the same.

He was struggling to shoot before the midfield got bad. In fact I think part of Alli's issue at the minute is the give it to Harry within 25 yards and let him rip one strategy has dried up and he actually has to create.

It is kind of a both question for me. Yes the midfield isn't that good but, to bring this full circle a bit,Calvert-Lewin put up a similar shots per 90 minutes number as Kane last season with our midfield. So mid field is bad sure but Harry isn't quite the same.

i 100% agree Kane isn't as superb as he was a couple of seasons ago but I think he is still one of the best.
Are you putting DCL and Kane in the same bracket?

i 100% agree Kane isn't as superb as he was a couple of seasons ago but I think he is still one of the best.
Are you putting DCL and Kane in the same bracket?
I'd probably put DCL a notch below but no more than that. I certainly think they are on opposite trajectories at the minute.

I mean I discussed this with a friend in the spring when Euro 2021 got cancelled and I still believe it: Kane very easily could be out of the squad. Ings, Rashford, Abraham (luckily they've signed Werner) and DCL were all pushing him. If Vardy hadn't retired well...

I'd probably put DCL a notch below but no more than that. I certainly think they are on opposite trajectories at the minute.

I mean I discussed this with a friend in the spring when Euro 2021 got cancelled and I still believe it: Kane very easily could be out of the squad. Ings, Rashford, Abraham (luckily they've signed Werner) and DCL were all pushing him. If Vardy hadn't retired well...

Not being confrontational but I don't understand what a "Notch below" is/means
What is that in terms of transfer market value for each player (before the window shuts.)

Not being confrontational but I don't understand what a "Notch below" is?
What is that in terms of transfer market value for each?
I don't know think of it as an imaginary level. DCL is good and Kane is great or whatever. However you personally break it down I'd say Dom is a small bit behind but it is small and he could change that within the next few months.

You're still out here rating Callum Wilson and the last time I brought it up you disappeared.

Kane was an amazing striker and easily world class. Kane is not that anymore.

Callum Wilson is a good but nothing spectacular CF.

His goals over the last 4 seasons are probably around the same as DCL who you rave about...

I don't know think of it as an imaginary level. DCL is good and Kane is great or whatever. However you personally break it down I'd say Dom is a small bit behind but it is small and he could change that within the next few months.

So are you saying DCL is worth £5 million less than Kane this window (looking for a way of how highly you rate him?)

Callum Wilson is a good but nothing spectacular CF.

His goals over the last 4 seasons are probably around the same as DCL who you rave about...
The difference of course being the element of development which you've yet to grasp. I'm not doing this tonight. I'll see you Saturday afternoon or whenever it is Dom plays and doesn't score for your next moan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back