Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone on here been around Goodison?

Went for a nose the other month. The post match interview room is shocking, no bigger than 10ftx3ft. The restaurant ceiling had collapsed from flooding, meaning any potential revenue was going across the road to a butty shop...

The kitchens etc were atrocious. Sorry didn't take a camera.

Went for a nose the other month. The post match interview room is shocking, no bigger than 10ftx3ft. The restaurant ceiling had collapsed from flooding, meaning any potential revenue was going across the road to a butty shop...

That's what happens when you dont invest in the infrastructure of a stadium. Elstone at the Inquiry was forced to concede that Everton had spent the least of all top clubs in improving the ground. Funny it's flaking away here in there.

Not for a long time. My experience of late is simply the Upper Bullens. But one thing, a great post-match interview room doesn't make a great club. Are you saying that, say, £100m invested into the ground couldn't take care of a crap restaurant, a bit of flooding and an interview room?

Not for a long time. My experience of late is simply the Upper Bullens. But one thing, a great post-match interview room doesn't make a great club. Are you saying that, say, £100m invested into the ground couldn't take care of a crap restaurant, a bit of flooding and an interview room?

Fingers crossed someone will come in and pay it ay :unsure:

Slightly sideways on, now that Pompey have come back to earth with a bump & have reverted to the "turn Fratton Park 90 degrees" plan - this will apparently be achieved for an outlay of about £22 million !!?? For those who have had the pleasure, it will mean extending the new stand at the Fratton End to turn it into a side stand, chopping the the South stand in half to form an end stand, building a new side stand in front of the surrent Milton (away) End & also a new North end stand. Oh, & they want to be a host ground for the World Cup too!

Well yes, fingers crossed. Either way, spending £100m on GP or Kirkby presents the same challenge.

Suspect will cost a fair bit more than £100m? Bearing in mind that streets outside the ground would have to be knocked down - going by even the most optimistic plans thats its possible.

Not to mention the lost revenue during any work.

Suspect will cost a fair bit more than £100m? Bearing in mind that streets outside the ground would have to be knocked down - going by even the most optimistic plans thats its possible.

I'm sure £100m would get us up to standard. We don't need another Emirates, just a ground that is fit for purpose. If we cement our place in the top 4, we can give further thought to developing the ground beyond that.

Well, we're drifting off into the realms of speculation a little now as there have been many proposed ways to redevelop Goodison, either fully or partially, but the board aren't considering that option, at least not yet.

Anyway, for example there was an idea about building a big new double decker stand behind the current Park End, which would allow room for the pitch to be moved in that direction thereby enabling a deeper (& so bigger) Gwladys Street to be built; the Bullens could be rejigged as a single bank of seats - all on the same footprint as present. Maybe not the best option if all are compared together, but an interesting one nonetheless - no more land needed & can be done in phases.

I'm sure £100m would get us up to standard. We don't need another Emirates, just a ground that is fit for purpose. If we cement our place in the top 4, we can give further thought to developing the ground beyond that.

Well again, fingers crossed we can find someone who will pay £100m just to get Goodison to an 'acceptable' standard.

Well, we're drifting off into the realms of speculation a little now as there have been many proposed ways to redevelop Goodison, either fully or partially, but the board aren't considering that option, at least not yet.

They aren't?

Am sure every chief exec since 1994 have commented on redeveloping Goodison. Its definitely an option thats been explored, why wouldn't it have?

The fund that relies on the Kirkby stadium?

I dont think we would get the money for the likes of stadium sponsorship rights if we didn't actually build it.

A £100m deal for naming rights for Kirkby? As far as I'm aware, the only thing so far mooted is an add-on job with Chang. That won't pay anything like the sort of money needed to build Kirkby.

A £100m deal for naming rights for Kirkby? As far as I'm aware, the only thing so far mooted is an add-on job with Chang. That won't pay anything like the sort of money needed to build Kirkby.

:huh:

"I dont think we would get the money for the likes of stadium sponsorship rights if we didn't actually build it."

Believe me, we dont have £70m/£100m sat aside just waiting for Kirkby which we could be easily spend on Goodison if we wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back