Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crunch time for that fat ****ing liar, I really hope this will be the beginning of the end for him at EFC !!!

He has done his job lad, whether you agree or not with what he is doing, he has done what he is paid to do.
Trimmed down the wages and made the business more stream line and is on the verge of succesfully taking the club to a new stadium. Thats what he has been paid to do

Excellent. I hope all goes according to plan and Wyness goes down as a legend within the blue history. Kenwright will receive a knighthood and we can find a cure for insulting outbursts on public forums. One of these will definitely happen. I assure you.

Excellent. I hope all goes according to plan and Wyness goes down as a legend within the blue history. Kenwright will receive a knighthood and we can find a cure for insulting outbursts on public forums. One of these will definitely happen. I assure you.
Gazz Ask the people of Aberdeen if Wyness is a legend and then you will hear abuse as you have never witnessed

Last edited:
Lets hope the planning process goes to plan the best point in the article is that the stadium is crucial to new investment comingin.

So the same people who dont want the new stadium also are the same people who want us to drop 40mill on new players, makes sense.

Gazz Ask the people of Aberdeen if Wyness is a legend and then you will hear abuse as you have never witnessed

I was heavily weighted with sarcasm mate. But I know his past. I also know his present. Like Neiler said, if the new stadium and its proposals bring in sufficient new investment then I will back him, if not I will slate him. If he was this big bullshitter that is spoken about he would not be allowed to be in business.
Anyway. I am not getting into it. each to their own and I respect that in others. Up to now there are postives AND negatives about the man. Time will tell.

He is doing more good than bad for us at the moment though. Ask the players we have bought.

With Bradley saying him and LCC havent done anything to stop EFC moving, and Wydness saying everything's in line ready to go for the final plans, looks like the move is going ahead IMO. Unless LCC bring in the enqiury but that would be cutting off their noses to spite their face.

This will be called in, no question. Wyness is getting his excuses in early now - "It would have happened if it hadn't have been for that Public Inquiry".

How anyone can offer support to a CEO who has consistently refused to create a Plan B if this does go wrong is beyond me. Isn't that what these people do...prepare for ALL eventualities?

This will be called in, no question. Wyness is getting his excuses in early now - "It would have happened if it hadn't have been for that Public Inquiry".

How anyone can offer support to a CEO who has consistently refused to create a Plan B if this does go wrong is beyond me. Isn't that what these people do...prepare for ALL eventualities?

Apart form the fact that viability studies cost millions mate, he says in the article though that plan b is to stay in Goodison which is what most people opposed to the stadium want.

I agree though that the i think the plans will be pulled in by the council and the government both have more or less come out and said the same.

I do think he is sending a warning shot our way about this, what concerns me is that he seems to be saying the plans may have to be altered form what has been put out in the public. I hope altered for the better.

I am big supporter of kirkby, and its vital for progress on and of the pitch!(y)

Apart form the fact that viability studies cost millions mate, he says in the article though that plan b is to stay in Goodison which is what most people opposed to the stadium want.

I agree though that the i think the plans will be pulled in by the council and the government both have more or less come out and said the same.

I do think he is sending a warning shot our way about this, what concerns me is that he seems to be saying the plans may have to be altered form what has been put out in the public. I hope altered for the better.

I am big supporter of kirkby, and its vital for progress on and of the pitch!(y)

Neiler, I think Wyness' reference to changes in plan are to do with the amount of retail floorspace that is supposed to be enabling the club to get a stadium "on the cheap". The other local authorities plus Grosvenor and St Modwens are dead set against the size of the currently proposed retail floorspace as it threatens them. But a significant cut in that floorspace - and we're talking way below the 50,000 m2 Tesco have said they will peg it back to - will mean the cross-funding cash will not be sufficient for Everton to add there own cash to in order to make up the cost of the stadium. It'll price us out of the reckoning....as will a long delay.

(y)

What do we want a plan B for? We have found a site, financed it and found an enabler if it wasnt for idiots like keioc and other deluded fools who dont realise a good thing when they see it then there isnt a need for a plan B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back