Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see that very much being plan B when Kirkby gets knocked back. Which hopefully it will.

I dont object it, I personally think its the best thing for both Clubs, but a lot of people on both sides wont be able to see past the hate.

I can see that very much being plan B when Kirkby gets knocked back. Which hopefully it will.

I dont object it, I personally think its the best thing for both Clubs, but a lot of people on both sides wont be able to see past the hate.

Look at the Allianz arena, lights up blue and red, and white (for national games)

If Everton filled a joint stadium to capacity every home game, then what would be the difference between Everton and Liverpool? - The trophy cabinet.

Call me crazy but I'm starting think a stadium share is the best way to compete with the RS,

Look at Inter & AC, Bayern & 1860 Munich, Club Bruges & Cercle Bruges,

Everton & Liverpool???

This surely would relieve the club financially, it would no more be the RS home than ours, we could concentrate on breeding new talent and keeping it.

But like my dad always said "I wouldn't mind a ground share.....as long as the seats are blue like.":P:P

With the amount of money we could get from the Council, Lottery money, European funding money, naming rights and so on, it really wouldnt cost either Club a vast amount of money, so what if they got more fans then us, they do now.

With the amount of money we could get from the Council, Lottery money, European funding money, naming rights and so on, it really wouldnt cost either Club a vast amount of money, so what if they got more fans then us, they do now.

If you deduct the Norwegians, they haven't.:P

If it was between share with them or move to Kirkby......... Kirkby it is.

An i really dont want to go there.

Kirkby may not be that bad, but not with the ground they plan to build.

If they turned round and said, we are planning to build something similar to the Emirates, then i would be interested.

The current designs are an embarassment to our club.(n)

Well, we should know within the fortnight - although I can't help but feel that, whatever the decision, it'll just be the start of a new phase of some kind & the long wait will lead to something of an anti-climax. :(

Well, we should know within the fortnight - although I can't help but feel that, whatever the decision, it'll just be the start of a new phase of some kind & the long wait will lead to something of an anti-climax. :(

If it's a no, that's it for Everton. Although Tesco might rejig their application.

If it's a yes, I doubt building will take place for a long time as I think the decision would contain many caveats concerning sorting out the mess over land giveaway, the size of the stadium, the transport plan and potential CPO's. Tesco might want to roll JCBs out asap, but I think they'd have to settle for some unspecified time in the future.

I heard the Inspector severely criticised the scheme and advised against it. Whether the SoS makes a differet political-based decision is another matter (he's already ignored Inspector's reports in his few months in the job ).

Last edited:
If it's a no, that's it for Everton. Although Tesco might rejig their application.

If it's a yes, I doubt building will take place for a long time as I think the decision would contain many caveats concerning sorting out the mess over land giveaway, the size of the stadium, the transport plan and potential CPO's. Tesco might want to roll JCBs out asap, but I think they'd have to settle for some unspecified time in the future.

I heard the Inspector severely criticised the scheme and advised against it. Whether the SoS makes a differet political-based decision is another matter (he's already ignored Inspector's reports in his few months in the job ).

do you mean 'thats it', as in thats it regarding ki*** ?

do you mean 'thats it', as in thats it regarding ki*** ?

If the SoS knocks back the application it'll be on the grounds the project is too big for a town of Kirkby's size and position in the pecking order of regional development. That'd mean a rejigged plan of action by Tesco that would have less cross-funding for the stadium and, therefore, be more cost to the club. To use Elstone's words at the moment it's 'just doable', so presumably they'd have to walk away with any greater burden. In any case, a rejigged application would take years to go through again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back