Stake. Com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I would ever use their services in the first place but you can't even access Stake if you live in the United States. Is it really that difficult to find a sponsor that appeals to most of the fanbase?

That makes sense although i thought government were talking about banning gambling sponsors soon
Dramatic is it not. A real 'Everton That' moment in the making.

Everton, The most successful team of its era was denied further success by the out break of World War 1.
Everton, again denied due to the outbreak of World War 2.
Everton, denied the chance for greater success during the 80's for crimes committed by fans of another club.
Everton, the club who backed 8 track (ask yer da') just as the world went to cassettes (ask yer da' again).
Everton, the club to invest in silver just as the price of gold rocketed.
Everton, the club to invent the Premier and then stood and watched as their brainchild benefited every other club in the land.
Everton, the club to attain an oligarch sponsor just before the sanctions
And now this;
Everton, the club to denounce sponsorship from a gambling concern two years ago and now have secured a sponsorship from another 'like' concern, only to find the Government are going to, perhaps, outlaw such deals.

There are more examples, but I do sometimes despair.

ps The inclusion of the 8 track and the silver things (items 4&5) are done for my amusement only.

Not that I would ever use their services in the first place but you can't even access Stake if you live in the United States. Is it really that difficult to find a sponsor that appeals to most of the fanbase?
You can’t?

Someone was trying to tell me yesterday it was very well known in US sports.

How would you know it's fake. People can be disappointed about commercial decisions that the club makes. You're obviously fine with the sponsorship deal and our owner being a proxy for a Putin-backed oligarch, fair enough, that's your discretion, but people can have an opposing view that is genuine and reasonable. You disagree with them, disagreement is an important part of a free society, you just don't have to be a blert about it.

'Disappointment' is a different thing altogether, Windy. Also, I never said people shouldn't have genuine/reasonable opposing views or that disagreement isn't an important part of a free society, and I wasn't being a 'Blert' as it's not the 1990s. I thought your 'Putin-backed oligarch owner' comment was a bit strange but then I remembered that it's popular now to dislike or hate all things Putin/Russian and kiss Ukrainian arse because of the invasion.

'Disappointment' is a different thing altogether, Windy. Also, I never said people shouldn't have genuine/reasonable opposing views or that disagreement isn't an important part of a free society, and I wasn't being a 'Blert' as it's not the 1990s. I thought your 'Putin-backed oligarch owner' comment was a bit strange but then I remembered that it's popular now to dislike or hate all things Putin/Russian and kiss Ukrainian arse because of the invasion.

If you check my posting history you will find I was against Usmanov's proxy ownership of the club from the first moment, but I get it, anyone who disagrees with you is a virtue signalling snowflake who parrots the latest woke fashions. Do you get your Daily Mail delivered or do you mainly read it online?

If you check my posting history you will find I was against Usmanov's proxy ownership of the club from the first moment, but I get it, anyone who disagrees with you is a virtue signalling snowflake who parrots the latest woke fashions. Do you get your Daily Mail delivered or do you mainly read it online?

Windy, lots of people disagree with me but that doesn't mean I think they (or you) are virtue signalling snowflakes who parrot the latest woke fashions; also, I wouldn't dream of checking your posting history as I don't believe you to be a liar. I just thought your 'Putin-backed oligarch' comment was a strange one.
Anyway, I feel we are starting to drift well off topic now. The sponsors are who they are, and that's it for the time being.

The Daily Mail? Really?

I’d rather it was steak.com than stake.com, but until the sport in general ban gambling companies I’m not going to complain.

Everton taking more stick from another kopite journalist in the times today. Not a mention of the shites latest betting partners a deal with a company founded by klopps son who is also a director of the firm. If only we had a head of media who could point out the hypocrisy. Someone appointed to fight the clubs corner in the press..........."What we have?" Get off your arse prentice and do your job.

Status
Not open for further replies.