Stanley Park up for grabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my point. Knocking down the most modern part of the ground to re-build it when there isn't sufficient room anyway just for an extra few thousand on the capacity strikes me as madness.

So the only option is a new build, which is not going to happen

We wouldn't be allowed to build on Stanley park, they will not allow development on our side of the park (they have knocked it back once already) and to build on their side would put usto close to Analfield.

I don't even live in Liverpool and would be fundamentally against building another park closer to Analfield, to protect common sense.

A lot easier to get loans ect for a stadium as apposed to player purchases ect.

It's what arsenal did. Our main problem is the loans we already have making us run at a 5M loss after intrest payments. If we were to not have those current loans we could get loans for a stadium and be able to handle the repayments. As it stands we can't take on more loan repayments running alongside current ones!

We could take on more loan repayments if the cash flows from the new stadium support it.

I would have to say, though, that financing a stadium, with no other commercial revenue, probably isn't feasible.

So the only option is a new build, which is not going to happen

Tbh pretty much yes...

Take out of the equation the love we as fans have for GP and what the place means to us... Then it's no brainer that we have to leave and build a new purpose built solution to take us forward for another 100+ years.

The council are messing with us - they want one big stadium shared between both clubs and are determined for that to happen.. I say no.

We need our own new unshared stadium for growth. I would take Stanley Park if meant us having huge new stadium.

I like Goodison Park! idealy we could redevelop it, but that probably won't happen! We can't afford a new stadium though! do we really need one atm?

Adding another tier to the Park End isn't possible due to the structure of it.

There is more than enough room to extend the Park End.

And that's the first I have heard of the Park End's structure preventing any extension. Even Wyness and Co never came out with that one at the height of the Kirkby debacle. They did say that it would cost 350billion quid and that it would only leave us with a capacity 17,500 though, which of course, was nothing but the truth.

Has anyone mentioned 'right to light' yet? Everyone knows that the right to light instantly makes any potential redevelopment utterly impossible.

Wolves had a right nightmare with that right to light legislation. They also had to knock down their entire stand before adding an additional tier, y'know, because of its structure.

And that's the first I have heard of the Park End's structure preventing any extension. Even Wyness and Co never came out with that one at the height of the Kirkby debacle. They did say that it would cost 350billion quid and that it would only leave us with a capacity 17,500 though, which of course, was nothing but the truth.

Has anyone mentioned 'right to light' yet? Everyone knows that the right to light instantly makes any potential redevelopment utterly impossible.

Wolves had a right nightmare with that right to light legislation. They also had to knock down their entire stand before adding an additional tier, y'know, because of its structure.

The Park End cant be extended without removing or altering the roof over the Paddock and Main Stand.

I said adding another tier to the current structure wasn't possible, not that you could knock it down and rebuild it, which you could do but it would be utterly ludicrous at that point. Knocking down the best stand in the ground only to spend tens of millions re-building it for the sake of a few thousand seats, utter madness.

The Park End cant be extended without removing or altering the roof over the Paddock and Main Stand.

And then there's this. The other thing you could do is move the Park End backwards but then you'd have to move the whole pitch and the Gladwys Street would be further away from the pitch. It's just silly.

I said adding another tier to the current structure wasn't possible, not that you could knock it down and rebuild it, which you could do but it would be utterly ludicrous at that point. Knocking down the best stand in the ground only to spend tens of millions re-building it for the sake of a few thousand seats, utter madness.

Discussing the financial prudence of investing in a Park End re-development is a different (but entirely valid) point to discussing the physical possibilities of extending the Park End.

You would have to remove the Park End's roof to extend the Park End, the Main Stand roof would remain.

Discussing the financial prudence of investing in a Park End re-development is a different (but entirely valid) point to discussing the physical possibilities of extending the Park End.

You would have to remove the Park End's roof to extend the Park End, the Main Stand roof would remain.

No, you would have to make changes to the Main Stand roof:

0,,10268~3692580,00.jpg

Notice how the Main Stand roof overlaps the Park End roof, if you wanted to build a two tiered Park End then the roof for that would not fit into the current space without modifying the Main Stand roof at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.