Stanley Park up for grabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price would come down with more seating which means its accessible to more people who couldnt afford it now from £31-£37,

True that might help a bit. But they might not do that either, because that'd be less income.

Is there a fanbase willing to travel to the game (or local) that will go each week and fill up these extra seats? It's hard for me to know living on the other side of the world.

Just at a quick glance, it looks like 3 games,

Liverpool,
Sunderland, FA Cup
Newcastle final game.

I know that we have a lot of obstructed view seats which probably deter a few fans, but I mean, if we're not selling out now, we're not going to sell out a bigger stadium are we? Or am I looking at this too simply?

I just look at it as a simple supply and demand thing, but then I don't know enough about it except from what I read on here.

I know that we have a lot of obstructed view seats which probably deter a few fans, but I mean, if we're not selling out now, we're not going to sell out a bigger stadium are we? Or am I looking at this too simply?

I just look at it as a simple supply and demand thing, but then I don't know enough about it except from what I read on here.

with a season like this season, we will sell out more, Bringing down ticket prices should help too.
we are doing really well with away games tickets selling out.

So where in the city is this board going to build a new ground, thats presuming of course that this board has the willingness and business plan to do so?

When did i say this board would build a new ground ?

This board won't do anything, but a different board filled with intelligent people would realise that moving to a new stadium is the only sensible option in the long term.

Sorry xstill dont understand, you say Everton were going to find 78 million through selling goodison and whatever were was the rest of the money coming from if as you said (and you did not state your source) Tesco were actually putting nothing to it,even though thier chairman was putting his name to it.Why was he doing that?

I have stated my source; it was a public inquiry run by the British Government. There was no need for any 'extra money'. The stadium was due to cost 78million pound, and Everton were due to fund every penny of it.

I said Tesco were willing to lease us part of the land they bought from Knowsley Council. Tesco thought having a football stadium would some how help them in their ambition to gain planning permission for a project that contravened numerous planning regulations, and they were wrong.

This discussion is about 5 years old and contains no revelations whatsoever. I know you think I am some kind of paranoid conspiracy theorist, and therefore I suggest you do some research on the matter.

Wikipedia may be a good start:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kirkby_Project . You may want to pay particular attention to the evidence provided by Cushman and Wakefield, and to the comments made by Stephen Sauvain QC.

You could once find every single piece of evidence that was submitted to the inquiry on this webpage: http://www.knowsley.gov.uk/kirkby/public_inquiry.html but it seems to have disappeared for some reason. Therefore I suggest that you enter this into your address bar instead: inquiry.knowsley.gov.uk/proof_evidence_list.doc Links to the evidence submitted to the inquiry can be found to the left of the Word document.

But if you can't be arsed looking through all that, you may just want to check out the comments that were made by the leader of Knowsley Council at the public inquiry, comments that were reported here: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...ry-52m-for-stadium-a-miracle-100252-22454808/

I'm not fussed about a shared stadium, just means less money and a much better stadium. This is the coolest idea though, stadium each but the price would be abit lower for each club:

ebfc08a339dc0e78a08f52faa0760808.jpg

Don't you just love the stadium debate?!........... No.........Just me then?

I don't think we do need an increased capacity, but I think we do need better corporate hospitality, more boxes and better onsite facilities in general. It would be hard to do this at Goodison, but it could be done, there are various plans online and KEIOC have been on about this.

I think realistically, we could only move to a new site if there were other enabling facilities, either a retail park, offices or leisure facilities that would help make the corporate facilities of the new stadium usable on non match days. Helping the club pay off the cost of the new stadium.

I'm not fussed about a shared stadium, just means less money and a much better stadium. This is the coolest idea though, stadium each but the price would be abit lower for each club:

Think this would be disastrous to be honest. Would prefer to stay at Goodison than be stuck to those gobsh*tes for the rest of our days.

Are we just trying to outdo the dundees here? aha

Status
Not open for further replies.