Stanley Park up for grabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If either club were to redevelop what would happen in terms of the home games? I'd prolly rather ground share for a season than play home games with one whole stand being closed.

bk-salesman.jpg

If either club were to redevelop what would happen in terms of the home games? I'd prolly rather ground share for a season than play home games with one whole stand being closed.

We'd go without a stand just as we did in the time that the Park End was being built. That would of course cost the club a lot of money from lost ticket sales as the Park End is the first stand to sell out and also the most expensive.

No, you would have to make changes to the Main Stand roof:

0,,10268~3692580,00.jpg

Notice how the Main Stand roof overlaps the Park End roof, if you wanted to build a two tiered Park End then the roof for that would not fit into the current space without modifying the Main Stand roof at the same time.

I think that could easily be overcome, and we could have something similar to Villa's Holte End.

birmingham_villa_park1.jpg

For some reason, there is a plethora of Evertonains who are desperate to try and denounce any possible stadium solution. So much so, that some of them start chatting nonsense about 'right to light' legislation, about our redevelopment costing double the amount of anyone else's but only leaving us with half the capacity, and about the possibility of having to share with Wigan or Liverpool during reconstruction (the latter two coming from Kenwright and Wyness themselves).

And it is disappointing to read that there are still people who think Tesco were paying for that monstrous shed in Kirkby. Tesco were buying the heavily discounted land off Knowsley council, and they were willing to lease us part of that land. The stadium itself was due to cost 78million pound, and Everton were due to fund every single penny of it. Tesco were not donating a penny to the construction of the stadium.

And then there's this. The other thing you could do is move the Park End backwards but then you'd have to move the whole pitch and the Gladwys Street would be further away from the pitch. It's just silly.

So where in the city is this board going to build a new ground, thats presuming of course that this board has the willingness and business plan to do so?

We Cant afford to move, and we have to evolve or get left behind so rebuilding Goodsion should be an option, its a no brainer.

I think that could easily be overcome, and we could have something similar to Villa's Holte End.

birmingham_villa_park1.jpg

For some reason, there is a plethora of Evertonains who are desperate to try and denounce any possible stadium solution. So much so, that some of them start chatting nonsense about 'right to light' legislation, about our redevelopment costing double the amount of anyone else's but only leaving us with half the capacity, and about the possibility of having to share with Wigan or Liverpool during reconstruction (the latter two coming from Kenwright and Wyness themselves).

And it is disappointing to read that there are still people who think Tesco were paying for that monstrous shed in Kirkby. Tesco were buying the heavily discounted land off Knowsley council, and they were willing to lease us part of that land. The stadium itself was due to cost 78million pound, and Everton were due to fund every single penny of it. Tesco were not donating a penny to the construction of the stadium.

So Everton have got no money,tesco were not putting a penny,so why did we go through the process???? Can feel one boss conspracy theory coming here!!

So Everton have got no money,tesco were not putting a penny,so why did we go through the process???? Can feel one boss conspracy theory coming here!!

We went through the process because Everton felt they could raise 78million pound through naming rights, selling Goodison and some long term debt. This is literally the argument they presented at the public inquiry.

How likely, or financially dangerous, you consider such a plan to be is up to you. Personally I think it would have absolutely crippled Everton financially whilst simultaneously ripping the heart and soul out of the club, but that's Bill Kenwright for you.

I think it unlikely FSG are going to do anything like that suggested. They know they can bide their time and wait for a buyer to emerge who can give them the money they paid to take the debt on and a few hundred million on top. They got that club for a steal. Why on earth would they go to all the disruption of a partial-rebuilding of Anfield? I doubt it'd help squeeze a bit more out of any buyer, and naming rights for an old estalished stadium isn't going to happen. They had to **** or get off the pot over the Stanley Park plans so they'll just kick it into the long grass and eventually blame the council before selling up. Both Everton and Liverpool have owners who just aren't interested in a stadium build right now.

My thoughts as well. The yanks will be able to sell the RS, sorry the franchise, with a sensible building plan, and without spending any more money. Some mug will turn up......

I think it unlikely FSG are going to do anything like that suggested. They know they can bide their time and wait for a buyer to emerge who can give them the money they paid to take the debt on and a few hundred million on top. They got that club for a steal. Why on earth would they go to all the disruption of a partial-rebuilding of Anfield? I doubt it'd help squeeze a bit more out of any buyer, and naming rights for an old estalished stadium isn't going to happen. They had to **** or get off the pot over the Stanley Park plans so they'll just kick it into the long grass and eventually blame the council before selling up. Both Everton and Liverpool have owners who just aren't interested in a stadium build right now.

I'm starting to think this may be the case.

If they got an opportunity to make a profit (even a very small one) I reckon they'd rip the prospective buyers' shoulder right out of its socket.

We went through the process because Everton felt they could raise 78million pound through naming rights, selling Goodison and some long term debt. This is literally the argument they presented at the public inquiry.

How likely, or financially dangerous, you consider such a plan to be is up to you. Personally I think it would have absolutely crippled Everton financially whilst simultaneously ripping the heart and soul out of the club, but that's Bill Kenwright for you.

Sorry xstill dont understand, you say Everton were going to find 78 million through selling goodison and whatever were was the rest of the money coming from if as you said (and you did not state your source) Tesco were actually putting nothing to it,even though thier chairman was putting his name to it.Why was he doing that?

Genuine question, how often do we sell out each season?

If we build a new stadium with an extra 10-20k seats, will they even be filled? Is there an actual need for a new stadium, apart from the fact that it is so old?

Curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.