Stat attack - is 4th viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool won't finish 5th. They'll be 6th at best. They have a propensity to drop points at home to utter turd, not unlike our good selves.

We need to win all our remaining home games as a minimum really- taking city away- all of the rest are very beatable. Arsenal, spurs and Liverpool have been inconsistent all season and I don't think any of those teams have enough in their squads to have a massive unbeaten run. It will stay tight all the way through I think. Those away games are tough but we are capable of beating all of those teams!

If we steer clear of injuries to key players, and we become a bit more clinical in taking the chances we create, I can see 4th place being viable. Should everybody stay fit, and Jelavic rediscovers his scoring boots, and a bit of luck with the officials going our way for once, I would go as far as saying 4th will be ours.

As sbbefc says, the problem is we still have to visit ALL the big teams (plus Liverpool) except for Man City

This could be a positive - other than Spurs it's them that are chasing us at the moment so even if we hold to draws it maintains the gap. If we can do this it all comes down to making sure we beat those we should be - starting with Villa today.

......hate going over old ground, but it is a shame we didn't bring just one player in who could make a real difference because I think all our closest competitors have frailities. Don't want to fall flat on my face with a game today, but nobody has found it easy to turn us over for a while and that shouldn't change. You would think to get that magical spot we would have to win 2 games that are not expected.

another thing to think about as well, at the start of the season we were not thought about by most people as being a contender for fourth spot, it was the 'usual suspects', and as such we should not be feeling as much pressure as the rest of the teams going for fourth as they would have been playing all season with the expectations of being there all season long, and should they be falling short the pressure will be increasing on them. Whereas we are currently above where we were expected to be so even if we finish where we are now it will have been a better season that people had predicted, and as such we can be playing with less pressure than the 'usual suspects' for fourth place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back