Steve Round being groomed for the Managers Job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinchcliffesleftfoot

Player Valuation: £750k
Morning All!

As it's a quiet news day with Everton just thought I would float a theory out there and ask if anyone thinks Steve Round is being groomed as the manager in waiting should Moyes go at the end of the season?

I know this sounds like a long-shot but recently he seems more and more involved in the media side of things, is clearly very highly thought of within the club & (in true Everton fashion!) could be a fairly cheap in-house replacement should the opportunity arrive. Just watched a clip on the Everton main site where he was talking about scouting games for future recruitment in the summer. Also, it seems like the club has a conveyer-belt system already in place with the likes of Duncan Ferguson already involved at a lower level coaching at the club & players like Phil Neville already taking there coaching badges. Plus, I notice Alan Irvine is now in back at the club as an 'academy manager', maybe he could assume the 'experienced deputy' to the rookie manager?

I'm not saying I would be a huge fan of this (I doubt many would be), but does anyone think this could be feasible? It would financially make sense for sure.

I bloody hope not.

I'm not a fan.

But this is mainly based on his headset I'll admit.

It is possible though of course. No money involved in making him manager so right up our street.

Personally I don't think he would be correct for the club. Don't have a downer on him, I just feel that he's not suited to us.
Perhaps I'm wrong, and if you're right he may surprise everyone, who knows?

Not a chance, not for me, if moyes goes i want round to go as well and have a fresh start.

Yeah agree.

Nothing would change if Round was in charge.

He doesn't seem the manager type does he? Obviously we see very little of him, but he seems quiet, a little reserved almost. Not that, that is always bad, just doesn't seem the manager type.

Yeah agree.

He doesn't seem the manager type does he? Obviously we see very little of him, but he seems quiet, a little reserved almost. Not that, that is always bad, just doesn't seem the manager type.

i think this is it, we cant really judge what his tactics/buys would be , but we can judge his personality and it isnt a very strong one...

Personally I don't think he would be correct for the club. Don't have a downer on him, I just feel that he's not suited to us.

Again, I'm thinking along the same lines, but I'm not really asking if people would 'want' Steve Round as manager but 'if' it could happen. Also, I can't really see Moyes taking him if he went to somewhere in Germany (I would presume a German team would put in place to help a smoother transistion) & if he went to the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal (tho I don't think he will as they won't go after him) a backroom team would be in place already.

To be honest who knows how good Round is or how much of an influence he has on the team. We simply don't know.

However, he lacks the experience so I'd certainly be against it. But he could well end up being a manager somewhere else and doing a good job. I'm not a massive fan of these "in house" promotions from assistant to manager, they often seem to fail and then you're left with having to replace your assistant as well as your manager.

Yeah agree.

He just seems like a yes man to me. Don't really see the inner workings of him around the club but he doesn't look a strong enough character.

Totally agree.

But I also totally acknowledge that I might be way out. We just don't know.

Yes it's an unknown. Like you said we are basically judging off what we see of him in public, he may very well be the next mourinho i just don't see that in his personality, he seems kind of sheepish and reserved to me.

If it comes down to finances alone he may very well be next in line .

Status
Not open for further replies.