Steve Round being groomed for the Managers Job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's been pretty well explained on here that we are only going on the very small amount we do see of him. Which, as Bruce says, is a very tiny part of his job.

So we've got 26 posts, most offering an opinion, based on him waving his arms and pointing inaudibly and repeating what the manager told him to in a press interview.

Great! Thanks for clearing that up.

So we've got 26 posts, most offering an opinion, based on him waving his arms and pointing inaudibly and repeating what the manager told him to in a press interview.

So you haven't got an opinion on him at all?

His mannerisms in interviews? The bloody head set (I joke!).

It's natural to have an opinion whilst realising that is limited.

Who is the last assistant at a club appointed when a manager has moved on ? There are probably loads but I can't think of a long successful list to be honest

This. As I said earlier in the thread it rarely works and it just ends up tarnishing the name of that person, who is often an ex player.

pretty sure Fergie's replacement will be bedded in first

You are right, I'm just going off what I see. I know nothing of how he operates on a daily basis. Some people are good coaches or assistants and not managers.

My main gripe would be that nothing would change but for all we know Moyes is holding this tactical mastermind back.

For me the most important aspect of managing is personality. A lot of managers, some pretty successful, admit they rarely go near the training pitch.

Round could be superb at managing people, he may be awful. No one knows.

One thing I've noticed in life in general is it's hard to change people's views on your relationship with them when it changes as it would if he went from No.2 to No.1.

Think i'd rather see what Round can do given that he has a far better understanding of our club, it's staff, resources and players than some of the managers who have floated around lately.

He's got a lot to his CV as well, a lot of European experience with us and 'Boro and some England experience.

so many circumstances where managers get sacked quickly because supporters or owners get impatient and go for a 'name'. that tends to be much more damaging in the long term. lots of successful clubs appoint someone who understands the club

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a lot of us have overlooked some of our backroom staff. Is it a risk that a new manager to be would like to take, whoever get's this job next has got a lot to prove to the Moyes brigade from the off they will be ultra critical.

Maybe a backroom member may not enjoy that sort of scrutiny. Truth is just as with established managers, you just do not know what the next guy will bring to the table until it happens.

maybe he could be an interim manager while he shows andy townsend the ropes

Status
Not open for further replies.