Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps SW thought it meant, Director Of Farce? After all, BK has been his mentor these past few months.

Seriously though, if finding gems and negotiating them into the blue shirt is a primary role in his job description, then he had better have a damned good January and a fantastic summer next year, or his head will be the first to enter the basket.

Perhaps SW thought it meant, Director Of Farce? After all, BK has been his mentor these past few months.

Seriously though, if finding gems and negotiating them into the blue shirt is a primary role in his job description, then he had better have a damned good January and a fantastic summer next year, or his head will be the first to enter the basket.
I disagree mate.

If we assume the summer signings were down to him identifying the players, I'd say Williams and Gana are both good. While Stekelenburg was more than likely to have been a Koeman player, Bolasie also has done nothing to suggest he is dire.

Reasonable start to his Everton career for me.

I disagree mate.

If we assume the summer signings were down to him identifying the players, I'd say Williams and Gana are both good. While Stekelenburg was more than likely to have been a Koeman player, Bolasie also has done nothing to suggest he is dire.

..I think so. Let's not forget he came into the club in the midst of a new window, the scope of his role much larger than at Leicester (his role here includes Academy etc) plus no strategic steer in respect of the type of players the new manager needed. I bet he's chuffed this window is shut, he can get his feet under his desk and plan for the future with RK.

scapegoat.jpg

Wowsers..he only been here 5 mins and the pitchforks are out. I'm writing that window off completely, Koeman was on hols for what seemed an eternity...walsh had a couple of days, A new board in place.. nah ill save any moaning ( if it's needed ) for Jan.

I disagree mate.

He has mate, he's been dire for Palace for the past three/four years, one good game in five. He's a YouTube player, would fit in well on Too Good Too Bad if it were still on MOTD; he could feature just as often in each section. The fella can barely control a football. He has put one good cross in, in fairness. I hope he can flourish with our better players surrounding him, but I won't hold my breath.

He has mate, he's been dire for Palace for the past three/four years, one good game in five. He's a YouTube player, would fit in well on Too Good Too Bad if it were still on MOTD; he could feature just as often in each section. The fella can barely control a football. He has put one good cross in, in fairness. I hope he can flourish with our better players surrounding him, but I won't hold my breath.

You clearly don't understand football in the slightest. Bolasie scares the living daylights out of teams for example against Stoke he wasn't great at all but they constantly had a man splitting his own man to cover the full back up against bolasie as teams are so scared of allowing him to get one on one. This then creates space for others in our team.

When we play against better teams it will be interesting to see if they double up on him or risk allowing him to go up one on one against there full back.

The point is even when he doesn't play well he is still impacting upon the opponent as they alter there shape to compensate aganist his physical attributes, there may be the odd player who can live with his pace but will they then have a chance to match his strength & vice versa will strong players have a hope in hell of matching his pace.

He's got time to settle in the job and start making an impact in the next few months. While he may have some contractual non-poaching agreement with Leicester you would hope that he's done what we all did when a job change is imminent - stick all your data onto a pen drive and take it with you.

I disagree mate.

I don't think you understood my post. I thought I was being sympathetic towards SW. Poor fella barely gets a chance to organize his desk when he gets thrown into the midst of one of the most farcical summer windows of all time.
However, if you are to give him credit for the early part of the window, then you must also judge him on the latter, more dire part.
Just trying to make an educated guess, but I am thinking it was more a case of this being a transition time for the club, where nobody has truly settled into their roles, and so chaos ensues and deals fall through the cracks. His only role this window, may well have been simply that of head scout, leaving the negotiations to the old guard.
However, I stand by what I said, it will be SW who will be thrown under the bus if we have another window like this. It is why he gets the big money, he will be the one reporting directly to Moshiri. He, I am sure, was one the heads Moshiri was refering to in the article.
As for the signings so far, I thought they represented good squad strengthening additions, especially Williams and Gana. Strek is also sound, so far. Bollasie does offer strength and pace, but he will need to be consistent, and that will require immense fitness over the course of a long season.
We will all argue and cry over this window until January and beyond, but one thing is clear, it was a huge disappointment, not just for us fans, but for Koeman, (admitted early on he would be if it turned out this way), and now reported frustration by our new owner.
I say, let Steve do his job, and lets see where we are next summer before we shoot him down.

No excuses for him not to have his targets for January worked out so we can seal a deal from New Years Day. We need cover to fill in for our African players if nothing else. Absolutely no excuses for the fella this time round, regardless of his reputation.

No excuses for him not to have his targets for January worked out so we can seal a deal from New Years Day. We need cover to fill in for our African players if nothing else. Absolutely no excuses for the fella this time round, regardless of his reputation.

HE wasn't culpable for (the entire 100% of) our dealings this summer Tim.

He was involved in identifying targets and making initial moves/enquiries/selling the club - not the final negotiations that always seemed to fall short. That is on people above Walsh.

The deal now needs to be how that is sorted for next time like you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back