Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't convince yourselves they'll be signings as soon as the Jan window opens.

We'll be in the same position as we are now. Incompetent people in key positions from the previous regime. People who haven't delivered in the past and will continue to cock up.

Plus we haven't agreed to sell anyone yet to fund any moves

I don't accept that Bill Kenwright is a liability as a negotiator during the transfer window. We saw time after time under David Moyes in particular that they were able to get through excellent deals at good prices.
In the window just gone by it is clear that the two most high profile players we lost out on were Witsel and Sissoko. It is also clear that in hindsight we had little or no chance of either.
Witsel is going to Juve and will see his contract out to do so.
Sissoko was going to Spurs and our intervention merely served to act as a bargaining chip for Newcastle and probably cost Spurs about 10m.
There was no way Newcastle were going to keep him past Aug 31st.

As with Williams, Bolasie and Gueye , Gabbidiani was playing for a club that didn't want to sell him and in the end unlike the other three mentioned we would not prise him away. I don't think we really know just exactly how far our interest in Brahimi progressed.

So, it seems to me that we were victims of chasing targets that were at least a level above previous targets and also victim of not having enough to offer that might tempt them on taking a chance on coming to Everton.

I don't think that the negotiator/s were the problem.

Levels mate.

Ok dealing with domestic clubs you try and deal with the likes of Sporting or Porto. He's a huge liability and so is Elstone.

We need someone in who's used to dealing with the big boys.

I still don't get how anyone defends Blue Bill he's one of the reasons we have to catch up to our peers

"Steve Walsh has become a regular presence at u-23s games and will debrief Koeman"
Good to see Walsh is assessing the youngsters as RK doesn't do that.
He took some flak after the transfer window but the form of Gana so far is suggesting he may have found the bargain of the summer.

"Steve Walsh has become a regular presence at u-23s games and will debrief Koeman"
Good to see Walsh is assessing the youngsters as RK doesn't do that.
He took some flak after the transfer window but the form of Gana so far is suggesting he may have found the bargain of the summer.

As the DoF, his job isn't solely transfers. People fail to realise this.

He is here for the long term to set in place a style (in conjunction with the manager at the time) that will hopefully lead to sustained success.

As the DoF, his job isn't solely transfers. People fail to realise this.

He is here for the long term to set in place a style (in conjunction with the manager at the time) that will hopefully lead to sustained success.

Can this ever be achieved? Look at the difference between Guardiola and Mourinho or Simeone? Guardiola left Bayern and they moved for Ancelloti not because he was a Guardiola clone but because he was a top manager who could win. I think the DOF is just responsible for finding talent, from the market and from the academy. The manager then decides what to do with it. This idea is popular now of the never ending conveyor belt of success because someone has laid the ground work and you can just rotate managers in and out. I don't think it works.

Can this ever be achieved? Look at the difference between Guardiola and Mourinho or Simeone? Guardiola left Bayern and they moved for Ancelloti not because he was a Guardiola clone but because he was a top manager who could win. I think the DOF is just responsible for finding talent, from the market and from the academy. The manager then decides what to do with it. This idea is popular now of the never ending conveyor belt of success because someone has laid the ground work and you can just rotate managers in and out. I don't think it works.
I don't think there is an infallible system but for me this system has more potential than most. I agree with Blue Toff that this is the long term job Walsh has been brought in for. It should provide for some stability and continuity in an age where most top managers do not choose to stay at any club for longer than 3 seasons, regardless of any success they may have garnered. Worth a go anyway.

Well it's all under the same marquee really (geddit).

Our Academy Director (Dr. Vint?) has already said he is working closely with Walsh.

Yes, part of it will be to find the talent, but another part is to make sure we have a smooth operation - a mechanism - throughout the club. Not particularly so we can rotate 'like for like' managers, but to make sure that the players we have will be able to fit the style of a new manager coming in without too much upheaval (imo)...

Levels mate.

Ok dealing with domestic clubs you try and deal with the likes of Sporting or Porto. He's a huge liability and so is Elstone.

We need someone in who's used to dealing with the big boys.

I still don't get how anyone defends Blue Bill he's one of the reasons we have to catch up to our peers

I dont get why anybody has a go at him with such vile anger (Not saying you are btw..)

Opinions aint it?

I think a lot of people need to realise the importance of this guy, not just a transfer gem hunter.
Koeman usually leaves clubs after 2-3 years so we need somebody to put a long term plan in place to adapt to the ever changing landscape of both Koeman leaving and just football in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back