Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, Everton are a well known solid club. I don't think being a "bigger club" has much to do with it. He's turned down overtures from bigger clubs than Everton before. He didn't kick up a sink when Arsenal wanted him.

I think there are several more important factors, moving back closer to his daughter and the rest of his family is a big one. More money obviously helps, from what we know an "amazing" package he's being offered. Our owners are very rich and have grand plans for us, but they aren't prepared to offer silly money to anyone.

Timing as well is important. He's just won the league here, what more can you ever do? For someone with perhaps 7 years left in football the opportunity to join an exciting new project with the chance to bring a famous old club back to life is an interesting one.

With all due respect, where we are now and where you are aren't too far apart. I don't think just being Everton is enough to pull a manager, a player or anyone else from us. You think Kante would have come Everton if you were the only one to bid?... it's unlikely. A lot of other factors have to fall in line and they have on this one.

Well he went to a Club not in Europe from 'The Champions', so Yes absolutely he would have at very least spoke to us.

We've only been behaving like the club we are for only a few months now though, give us a couple of years and I think the answer to your last point is yes. Things are hopefully going to change rapidly now, on the field and perception wise, the new stadium alone will turn heads.
I'm talking now, not next season or the season after or 5 years time.

One of Walshs first tasks will be to take Twitter 101 with Koeman and Sheeva Moshiri. It will be covered on his induction day.

Well he went to a Club not in Europe from 'The Champions', so Yes absolutely he would have at very least spoke to us.
Look, I'm not going to get into a willy waving contest, but the only reason he'd have come to you over us at this moment in time would be purely for money and not the fact you are Everton. You aren't seen as anything remotely close to Chelsea, I'd rather it be the other way around though trust me.

It's an exciting project with potential, but that's all it is for now. It's going to take a while for any hot properties to make the leap just on the basis of you being Everton alone, and not using other carrots to get them in.

Well players and staff move to new clubs for the short to long term plan, not the 'NOW'.

Hence Kante going from Champions and CL team, to a mid-table team with No Europe.
You are not Chelsea, despite them having a [Poor language removed] season they still have the base for being a team that could actually win the league next season. Players have seen Chelsea winning things year in and year out for quite a while now, any players that saw Everton do that are long retired, that's just the way it is.

That's the last I'm saying on it, because these things only head one way.

You are not Chelsea, despite them having a [Poor language removed] season they still have the base for being a team that could actually win the league next season. Players have seen Chelsea winning things year in and year out for quite a while now, any players that saw Everton do that are long retired, that's just the way it is.

That's the last I'm saying on it, because these things only head one way.

But you said its not about next season, and its about the "Now".....

Look, I'm not going to get into a willy waving contest, but the only reason he'd have come to you over us at this moment in time would be purely for money and not the fact you are Everton. You aren't seen as anything remotely close to Chelsea, I'd rather it be the other way around though trust me.

It's an exciting project with potential, but that's all it is for now. It's going to take a while for any hot properties to make the leap just on the basis of you being Everton alone, and not using other metric crap-ton of cold hard cash to get them in.

FTFY

Hopefully good for the long term infrastructure. As long as he doesn't start throwing 20mill here and there on Southampton players.

But you said its not about next season, and its about the "Now".....
Yes, and right now the name Everton alone isn't enough to draw away one of the hottest prospects in world football. You finished 11th two seasons running, you're going to need to prove yourselves for the name Everton to mean as much as it once did. You aren't a Chelsea, right now they are still seen as a massive club with a great chance of silverware, no matter what they did last season.

The project looks like it could be exciting, but as with all these things you have to chuck a [Poor language removed] load of money at it and be close to honours and winning things for a decade. People didn't want to sign for Man City and Chelsea at the start just because that's who they were... the money dragged them there. The trophies and years of competing makes the name, the next generation of footballers saw them winning things, saw their hero there and want to be part of it.

Your project is in its infancy, good luck to you. I'd rather it be Everton than most of the others up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back