• OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
at-work-cookie-monster.gif

Seems like Echo still mix Steve Walsh, our directory, with Steve Walsh the footballer. They insist he is 51 years old. That's the footballer, our Walsh is 62 I think

The last 6 years have shown me names mean sod all, we signed them under Sven and were utter dog muck. City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal had loads of them and we made them look like idiots because all they did was chuck a load of names together.

Forget the marque signings mate, they feel great and you get that buzz from them signing. But they often come with ego, bags full of cash and little hunger. What matters is people fitting your system.

There was a decent article I saw from a Liverpool fan (boo hiss) the other day, which summed up as saying the way forward isn't buying the best players, it's about buying the best fit for your needs.

Steve Walsh wanted us to sign Troy Deeney, people around the country laughed. Most Leicester fans didn't though, because we could see him fitting our system perfectly in the 10 role. Right mentality, hungry to make up for past errors and style wise a perfect compliment to our team. Not the best player out there, but the right fit for us.
Jesus............ Claudio........... your English has come on leaps and bounds lol So much sense being written here.

Haha so we sort out this deal and still don't announce anything

You have to laugh, no signings and take forever to announce staff signings. Starting to think it's going to be a deadline day sort of window for us were we sign like 5 players at half 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back