Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Director of football at EFC must be one of the easiest jobs in the world.

Walsh will have to work two days a year... One day where he will have to sell one or two of the best players to top4 team (Lukaku and Stones) and then the last day of the transfer window where he will sign 4 or 5 players.. who ever is available and at premier league level.

The rest of the days he can do what ever he wants and maybe send a few rumors out that we are interested in some player that has no interest in playing for us at all.

Director of football at EFC must be one of the easiest jobs in the world.

Walsh will have to work two days a year... One day where he will have to sell one or two of the best players to top4 team (Lukaku and Stones) and then the last day of the transfer window where he will sign 4 or 5 players.. who ever is available and at premier league level.

The rest of the days he can do what ever he wants and maybe send a few rumors out that we are interested in some player that has no interest in playing for us at all.

If all a director of football did was buying/selling, sure, but it's not.

Vague for the most part but recruitment certainly isn't solely it. I'd suspect he'll at some point take control of overseeing the academy and their pathway. He is also the voice and link between manager and board.

That was my thinking, but Dr Peter Vent is Academy director? How will that affect his role?

That was my thinking, but Dr Peter Vent is Academy director? How will that affect his role?

Walsh's first job will be the recruitment drive, but by the end of the season I imagine his role will be developed into (in conjunction with RK and Vent) setting a system in place that the entire club adhere's to and hopefully is sustained (if successful) for the foreseable future, regradless of managerial or player changes.

So does this count for players we are trying to buy as well, or are they only "greedy youknowwhats" when it is players wanting to leave Everton?

It's a transfer market mate, players come and go.

No! because I don't give 2 's about any other players / club apart from Everton players.

Vent is very much the front face of the Academy, meeting with parents presentations etc and presumably developing the strategy.
We recently signed Bassala Sambou 18 yr old from Coventry and he was touted as being scouted by Reeves/Unsy/Royle so Vent not really involved in that but I'd expect Walsh to be involved in future.

Walsh's appointment to Everton just got a big mention on the preseason coverage of the PSG - Leicester match. ( 4-0 to PSG ) US commentators predicting a mid table finish at best for LC.

"While at Chelsea, he scouted Gianfranco Zola and Didier Drogba, both of whom went on to have successful careers at the club."
Of course not all of those he scouts turn into title winners, but come on, those are players that went on to be big stars. Just like Kante, Mahrez and Vardy.

Anyone who watched them at the time could see they were class....all over the media every week ffs.

Not so true. Drogba wasn't the real deal at Marseille he hadnt achieved much before Chelsea came in for him. Zola was obviously well known across Europe, but again, he was a player that the big clubs disregarded, possibly due to his height and strength.

Drogba won players player of the year and knocked in a load of champios league goals and for the 2nd season in a row had a strike record of 1 in 2.....

Walsh's appointment to Everton just got a big mention on the preseason coverage of the PSG - Leicester match. ( 4-0 to PSG ) US commentators predicting a mid table finish at best for LC.
Make no mistake mid table is a good season for Leicester .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back