Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After winning the league? It would be a terrible season!
Competing in the champions league will effect them a lot . But besides that Leicester done the impossible last season . A good season for Leicester is a mid table finish . They won't be any higher than 8th . Vault this post next May

What is the role?

The model I would deploy for a Director of Football would be a senior footballing person, sitting at board level whose tasks would include the following:
  • Represent the club's footballing interests at board level
  • Responsibility for all football related strategic planning
  • Responsibility for all player transfers and contract negotiations
  • Control over player research and non playing staff recruitment
  • Advisory capacity over all non first team divisions within club
  • Control over all sports science related matters
  • Responsibility for all football related facilities
  • Responsibility for all football related PR and media strategies
The relationship between DoF would be very close, each being aware that all the club does must be centred on the ability to perform and compete on the pitch.

The role of the football manager would be very much that of a head coach, meaning responsibility for and sole focus on:

• Team selection
  • Team preparation
  • Training & maintenance of fitness levels
  • Technical development of first team members
  • Tactics
  • Injury prevention & management with sports scientists
Interestingly this model then allows the club to recruit a CEO who does not necessarily have a football background. The club can then recruit from a much wider talent pool focusing on commercial acumen, and operational and management excellence.

Anyone who watched them at the time could see they were class....all over the media every week ffs.
Why didn't we just give you the job Zat....could've saved £2M and had in-depth knowledge and access to EVERY player in the Universe.

Competing in the champions league will effect them a lot . But besides that Leicester done the impossible last season . A good season for Leicester is a mid table finish . They won't be any higher than 8th . Vault this post next May
If they keep most of their main players there's nothing stopping them having a similar season. I don't expect them to win the league again but top 4 is realistic.

If they keep most of their main players there's nothing stopping them having a similar season. I don't expect them to win the league again but top 4 is realistic.
Time will tell but I don't see it . But then I didn't see them winning the league either so what do I know lol

Thank you

I'm curious to how this will affect Dr Peter Vent and his role as Academy director.

Agree, it's an interesting one as there is bound to be overlap. It would have to be the case surely that Vent reports into Steve Walsh, I can't see him having autonomy no matter how good and well qualified he is?

I seem to remember Kenwright saying that the DoF overlapped with his position too.

Kenwright's role is peripheral even now

A DoF and new CEO make him redundant, and that was always likely to be the case with the new regime - gone a little bit quiet on new board appointments though

Expect he'll be offered some sort of "life president" role which will be pretty much what Sir Philip Carter's role with us was in his latter years, i.e. basically ceremonial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back