Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont rule out players going is the first thing I'd say.

Even without sales, though, I dont think it looks good we're so short handed going into 4 competitions. Martinez was talking up the younger players and maybe promoting a few in order to expand the first team pool of players. Is that really possible from what's been seen so far? I think that looks pie in the sky.

Naismith is ill disciplined, cant keep shape in a team and is a last 15 minutes player who can come on when we've thrown caution to the wind. He's never a starter for us. If he's a starter or considered one then we're regressing in that forward department.
In certain games he excels, he tore arsenals back four apart last season without having the ball. I agree he's only an option from the bench and a starter where Martinez can use him tactically, but for his lack of technique he makes up for in intelligence. I think he's going to have the final say in a lot of games for us next season

If Naismith is seen as a key member of this team then we aren't progressing much.

I find it disturbing Martinez is talking about a striker on loan...maybe.

Kone is not a banker to contribute, Lukaku cant carry the attack for probably 50+ games. We need to be looking at Naismith as what he is: an emergency last throw of the dice. Two more forwards in as a necessity imo.

He is a key member and we are progressing. Did you not watch him last season? Martinez got the best out of a player who most had written off as a lost cause. He has shown he is capable of starting and coming off the bench and contributing to the team.

I genuinely don't see that. I think he plays whatever role is asked of him in a very disciplined manner. Makes intelligent runs, works hard for the team. Similar to Osman really - does whatever job is asked of him to the best of his ability but if he has to play out of position he suffers.

Opinions and all that...

Doesn't provide any sort of covering play;
In certain games he excels, he tore arsenals back four apart last season without having the ball. I agree he's only an option from the bench and a starter where Martinez can use him tactically, but for his lack of technique he makes up for in intelligence. I think he's going to have the final say in a lot of games for us next season

He gambles a lot getting in and around the box. That can pay off or, if it's a constant approach over the course of a game, can feel like you're carrying someone.

He's worth keeping, but if he's thought of as a starter it'll mean the club are not doing the right business in the transfer window.

Doesn't provide any sort of covering play;

He gambles a lot getting in and around the box. That can pay off or, if it's a constant approach over the course of a game, can feel like you're carrying someone.

He's worth keeping, but if he's thought of as a starter it'll mean the club are not doing the right business in the transfer window.
I disagree, he played well off the bench last season, rightfully earned several starts and did well in those too.

I know he's a weird one, it doesn't feel like he's doing well but we play better when he plays. He plays simple passes and makes the game look easy, but sometimes that's really all you need.

I definitely think, as others have said, that he and Lukaku will develop a great partnership this season.

Great in the air, clever running, the best finisher at the club and can play a through ball when played behind a front man, thing that lets him down slightly is at times he will take an extra touch when its unnecessary, hes not as instinctive as you'd want. But hes still handy to have in the squad.

The turn around since roberto started coaching him is like night and day, i used to despise him, now i love him, and he seems to be a genuinely nice fella off the pitch

How decides who gets his tickets?

I would be happy to think of an actual jobseeker getting a freebie, not so much a career benefits bum.

"I have asked Jobcentreplus if they could give the tickets to different Job Centres across the city each week and select people who are unemployed and who would enjoy watching a Premier League football match."

Maybe niavely, I reckon the staff in Job Centres will know who the genuines are.
Well in Naisy.

Great in the air, clever running, the best finisher at the club and can play a through ball when played behind a front man, thing that lets him down slightly is at times he will take an extra touch when its unnecessary, hes not as instinctive as you'd want. But hes still handy to have in the squad.

The turn around since roberto started coaching him is like night and day, i used to despise him, now i love him, and he seems to be a genuinely nice fella off the pitch

I request that you change your avatar immediately. I keep seeing your posts and thinking "I never said that!".

I like Naismith - he has got a bit of the Tim Cahill knack of right place right time, and he is nowhere near as limited as some make out. People rave about Lukakus performance against Arsenal at home, but for me, Naismith was the outstanding player that day. Hate the term, because of that [Poor language removed] over the park, but Naismith was a great False 9 that match.
I recall a perfect 30+ yard through-ball off his left peg at one point last season too. Not bad for a lad with no vision.

Will make a lot of people eat their words this season.

I request that you change your avatar immediately. I keep seeing your posts and thinking "I never said that!".

I like Naismith - he has got a bit of the Tim Cahill knack of right place right time, and he is nowhere near as limited as some make out. People rave about Lukakus performance against Arsenal at home, but for me, Naismith was the outstanding player that day. Hate the term, because of that [Poor language removed] over the park, but Naismith was a great False 9 that match.
I recall a perfect 30+ yard through-ball off his left peg at one point last season too. Not bad for a lad with no vision.

Will make a lot of people eat their words this season.
Behave lad you copied me, lets strip down to the waist and fight for it

"I have asked Jobcentreplus if they could give the tickets to different Job Centres across the city each week and select people who are unemployed and who would enjoy watching a Premier League football match."

Maybe niavely, I reckon the staff in Job Centres will know who the genuines are.
Well in Naisy.

Nice gesture.

I remain unconvinced of the beneficiaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back