Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree regarding old firm loyalties, maybe you should take your own advice. I like Geads to a certain extent, but he is a bit of a circus act. Came on again today and misplaces a 5 yard pass while Naisy is again delivering.

Another quality shift today, only ousted by Baines and Barry for MOTM for me. If he keeps slotting he stays in the side simple as.
Thought Barry was the difference for us up until the late collapse. 'Matchcraft' the commentary team were calling it. Ptobably a decent way of describing how an old stager rules in his own backyard!

Barry without a shadow of a doubt MOM.

Thought Barry was the difference for us up until the late collapse. 'Matchcraft' the commentary team were calling it. Ptobably a decent way of describing how an old stager rules in his own backyard!

Barry without a shadow of a doubt MOM.

Yep Barry was quality and i had him and Baines tied for MOTM. Ironic that the eldest ( Barry ) in midfield wasnt even him who lost it in the end, McCarthy couldnt even manage a canter to attempt a block for the 1st goal. Fitness of all of them is gash tbh so in the end we may look back and say the 2 points at the start of the season werent so bad considering how rusty we were.

Yep Barry was quality and i had him and Baines tied for MOTM. Ironic that the eldest ( Barry ) in midfield wasnt even him who lost it in the end, McCarthy couldnt even manage a canter to attempt a block for the 1st goal. Fitness of all of them is gash tbh so in the end we may look back and say the 2 points at the start of the season werent so bad considering how rusty we were.

Yeah, wouldn;t argue with that. I thought Coleman did well too. Obviously had a few rocky moments but he had Arsenal on the backfoot first half especially. Naismith did a few bits and pieces and weighed in with the goal too.

When you're talking about McCarthy and fitness problems though something has gone drastically wrong here. Preseason was a poor attempt at conditioning this squad.

Yeah, wouldn;t argue with that. I thought Coleman did well too. Obviously had a few rocky moments but he had Arsenal on the backfoot first half especially. Naismith did a few bits and pieces and weighed in with the goal too.

When you're talking about McCarthy and fitness problems though something has gone drastically gone wrong here. Preseason was a poor attempt at conditioning this squad.

Yep it was a great shift from Coleman who will feel the benefits from that 90 minutes. There was a period between 70-75 where McCarthy was possessed and chasing everything down and we were on the front foot. That little passage ultimately killed us. That shouldnt be the case mind as we done sod all for 20 minutes beforehand and the same applies to last week. Thats why i aint too downbeat as the lads done well today, played within themselves which bodes well for when we finally get up and running. I fancy us for a bit of silverware this year as i think the midweek games will suit us more for some reason.

Yep it was a great shift from Coleman who will feel the benefits from that 90 minutes. There was a period between 70-75 where McCarthy was possessed and chasing everything down and we were on the front foot. That little passage ultimately killed us. That shouldnt be the case mind as we done sod all for 20 minutes beforehand and the same applies to last week. Thats why i aint too downbeat as the lads done well today, played within themselves which bodes well for when we finally get up and running. I fancy us for a bit of silverware this year as i think the midweek games will suit us more for some reason.
McCarthy is the Duracell bunny. There's no way he should be getting to the last 20 and running out of power. It's his selling point that last 20 or so usually.

Listening to Goodlass earlier and he's of the opinion this lot are not in good condition. I think he's dead right too. Poor subs at that time dont help either like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back