Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Stoke City vs Everton, 6th Feb 2016

The result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats to
@McBain @edge @bumper31 @bunziboy @Jamo Martinez @Blue 1 @TomDixie @Dan Tanner @leggy @Joey66 @anton66 @SweetHomeGoodison @WilliG @dinverro @janaaa @AussieToffee @BigBlueConk @daza_1973 @border1 @Gerard_Francis @ilikecheese @DualityNSNO @windymiller @Tommy Chong @tommye @artetas sock @BlueLlama @Thacko @EDINHO1 @mcc @dholliday @Aqui1a @Azza @Hokkanen @axl @NSNO_Phil_1878 @Walken @Big Bob @maltablue @7oaksToffee @wikofootball @Albert Wood @blueboy1945 @Azzurri @technojoe @meagher94 @Groucho @Connor @Midnitemike @gaino92 @zaitken @Sandymoor31 @Twinkletoes123 @markmarkmark @ianbearnson @big bobs beard @SingBlue @broders @Togger Blue @zippy00 @yakublue @GwladysBlue @jaybx1878 @DrEFC @kanie46 @jcgefc @Kratos @Efcjake @GerryLives @Tree13 @corben @Ashtonian @helpimonfire @Shibbywiggles @Whistlin' Dixie @Sarnia Kevin @Fearthainn @Ollie d @spudmuncher @Karbutar @macdog @hktoffee @bigboy @Jabba49 @gazefc @sd_1992 @SerenityNigh @bicycleheader @AlE @USABlue @FromTheBack @Boss_Blue @sharpey87 @ncblue @conorwilsonnn @SpurtingLesbian @ElSegundo @Diogenes the Cynic @MacGawjuss @Jxg @The Mighty Quint @rossi toffee @Gwlacticos @SCBlue @loooweee @Matty_j1878 @King6 @Ryan_efc @evertonarntwe @TheGeeseofGoodisonRoad @gmb @Waters @Tony Cottee @Danny1990 @oliverwri @Viennablue @penev10 @BlockHead @R.Reddington @LostLegend @IrishToffee37 @Pittsburgh Footy @stamullenblue @Everton_Gary @bring the ghost on @Walsall Blue @originalgreaserbob @Walsall Blue @originalgreaserbob @thebluenosebolt @admirschleck @sdk @Emberge @Rossisboss @ToffeeHibs @QLDBlue ...(of course myself) @Ash Woods @EarthToJames @Ash Cloud @toffee_laura (hey girl) @Simon the Brummie @smileychap @Karl Emil @Boykickscar @Neiziro @Rob17896 @BrightonToffee @Ben Grace @Barnfred 55 @The Highlander @swanified @phil_Abbott @bobthebadger53 @Pawchaw @Armchair Dave @Andy Delaney @AdelaideToffee @Slippin Jimmy @Richard Tachie

for having faith and optimism and choosing the correct answer to the poll

Damn i should get a medal for typing that many names whilst drunk at 4am.....whooooooop we're above the red....e
You need you're head feeling.

Haha if you go back to the start of the week I said to mcrudden that for all we know playing lennon mori Oviedo Galloway kone cleverly and Robles over the first readers may be what is our best team and goes on a winning run.

Weirdly close to the truth it seems considering I used it as a throwaway example haha
My philosophy is epicurean in nature, enjoy the good times until Howard is picked again :)

Happy days.the manner of our last 3 wins has been great.we look very solid at the back finally and could easily have scored at least 5 against all 3 of them.can see us going on a big run now.hope barkley stays fit..top6 and f a cup win please.

This is a straight up C & P from my Facebook wall, but I thought I'd share it here as well

Roughly this time last year, I went to watch Everton play Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium. Everton were in the midst of a terrible run and went on to suffer a well deserved heavy defeat against a superiour Stoke side.

I will admit that it was the one and only time in the years following Everton that I actually left a match early, so disgusted was I with how badly Everton were playing.

On the drive home, I had what I can only describe as a minor mental breakdown. I just couldn't see a way for Everton to reverse their poor form and I honestly believed wholeheartedly that they were going to be relegated, so insipid were they playing. Not soon after, Everton managed to get a 3-0 win over Newcastle at Goodison. This was a turning point in the season and Everton eventually managed to scrape their way to a meagre mid table finish.

Almost a year later, I returned to the Britannia today to see Everton enter a superlative performance and finish the game as worthy 3-0 winners. Aaron Lennon was superb today, entering his third strong performance in a row and making a statement that he should now start being considered for a slot in England's Euro 2016 squad.

Bryan Oviedo defended tremendously, Ross Barkley terrorised the Stoke defence at will and James McCarthy tackled anything that moved in midfield. And, most importantly, Joel Robles was imperious in goal and staked his claim to be Everton's regular #1 from now until the end of the season. Simply put, Tim Howard shouldn't get anywhere near the starting XI, even when fit, as Robles has surpassed him in every single facet of Goalkeeping.

Since that calamitous night almost a year ago, Everton are playing much better and have been in a Cup Semi Final. Sometimes they still defend poorly, but there have been three clean sheets in the past three games with Howard out. With Robles in goal, I genuinely think this Everton side can do something. They play great attacking football and seem finally to be developing some defensive nous at long last.

Here's hoping this good run continues

Come on You Blues!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back