Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Stoke City vs Everton, 6th Feb 2016

The result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We look a lot stronger defensively with 2 wide players who don't mind tracking back. Ross too seems to have started doing some defensive work. Hopefully the penny has dropped for Roberto, in terms of defending as a team.
Indeed...game management in 2nd half..having seen the highlights that could have been 6-0 but for Butland..lol

Just got back after a horrendous journey back. The weather really was Stoke at its worst.

I didn't think I would be saying that I am disappointed at coming away from that dump with a 3-0 win - but I am. Really wanted a goal down our end.

Brilliant performance from Lennon, MOM again but to be honest every player deserved at least a 7 out of 10.

We need to keep the same intensity for the rest of the season and we could get Europe. Up the toffees.

We sent the Newcastle forum into meltdown on Wednesday and today the Stoke forum into meltdown.They say there is no easy games this year but we have made both teams look dreadfull.love it.keep it up boys.

I particularly enjoyed this quote from the Oatcake tonight:

"I didn't think Everton were anything special. Defended well (although we didn't take much stopping) and had a couple of decent breaks but aside from that, I didn't see much that impressed me. That's an indication of how poor we were today, but let's not try to pretend Everton looked like Barcelona. Barkley's a decent player, but most of what they do revolves around lumping it up to Lukaku.

They're not massively dissimilar to Fuller-era Stoke."

I particularly enjoyed this quote from the Oatcake tonight:

"I didn't think Everton were anything special. Defended well (although we didn't take much stopping) and had a couple of decent breaks but aside from that, I didn't see much that impressed me. That's an indication of how poor we were today, but let's not try to pretend Everton looked like Barcelona. Barkley's a decent player, but most of what they do revolves around lumping it up to Lukaku.

They're not massively dissimilar to Fuller-era Stoke."

Oh the irony.

this Oatcake post made me laugh :

I just don't get this "we need a goalscorer" thing at all. What chances are we creating that a goalscorer would stick away?

Our problems are down to the fact that when we arrive at the touchline or the edge of the box, a piano starts tinkling away and our skilled and dynamic attackers turn into a bunch of black-and-white silent movie slapstick [Poor language removed]

Well that was a treat to watch. Could have been 5, 6 or 10 for us. The team absolutely controlled the pace of the game and managed to swat aside any confidence in the Stoke team every time they started to threaten. It's not often you can say that the team with 34% possession controlled the match, but today was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back