• Warsaw

Votes: 63 21.5%
  • Sniderman

Votes: 59 20.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With great respect if you could not hear alarm bells after these domestic results, then you were watch a different team to me.
League Cup - Third Round
Swansea3-0Everton

Tue 23 Sep Full time
Premier League
Everton2-3Crystal Palace

Thu 18 Sep Full time Report Premier League
West Brom0-2Everton

Sat 13 Sep Full time
Premier League
Everton3-6Chelsea

Sat 30 Aug Full time
Premier League
Everton2-2Arsenal

Sat 23 Aug Full time
Premier League
Leicester2-2Everton

Sat 16 Aug Full time

Well, I may have been "watching a different team" to you but I was reading exactly what you posted.

And you blamed the Europa League for our current malaise.

It was pointed out to you that our results actually got worse in the two and a half months when there was no EL action than they were in the two and a bit months when there was.

Don't try kidding yourself otherwise my friend because a cursory glance at the season's results will reveal that blatantly obvious truism to you.

Our current predicament is bugger all to do with the Europa League.

It's hard to say how much of the angst was aimed at the players and how much at Bobby but I'd say a fair proportion was aimed at him. He looked mentally shattered and a bit lost.
If you're talking about the end of the game then Martinez was verbally raped - deservedly so. The players went down the tunnel in the corner of the away end in dribs and drabs and generally got clapped off. It's absolutely clear from that that the overwhelming majority see RM as the problem not individual players.

Well, I may have been "watching a different team" to you but I was reading exactly what you posted.

And you blamed the Europa League for our current malaise.

It was pointed out to you that our results actually got worse in the two and a half months when there was no EL action than they were in the two and a bit months when there was.

Don't try kidding yourself otherwise my friend because a cursory glance at the season's results will reveal that blatantly obvious truism to you.

Our current predicament is bugger all to do with the Europa League.
Are you of sound mind, I never blamed at any time. the Europa League
this is what I said
"only we have kidded ourselves that we are not, mainly because of The Europa League."
the meaning being. The success in that league was covering up our deficiencies, and that was clearly apparent to anyone who attends all the games, which I do.
Now please go forth and multiply at least until you learn how to read.

I don't know why everyone wants Mirallas in the team.

His lack of form and his stinking, selfish attitude are two of the reasons we are in this mess.

He never plays like a winger, slinging in crosses.

He invariably cuts inside looking for an angle to shoot at goal.....and mistly loses the ball when he is closed down.

I am beginning ti think he is the most overrated player we have ever had at Goodison.
Attitude has been poor but he has still scored 9 goals this season.

.......just worth remembering that we all want the same thing, just difference of opinion on how we deliver and how we got in this predicament in the first place. It's not an easy fix, we all start to look at individual performance and pick holes. It's understandable because we are concerned.

Just for the record they have played one of the least amount of long balls this season in the Prem and have had no red cards. Hughes doing something that Martinez simply can't, installing team spirit and setting a team out really well. He has totally transformed their style on a real small budget and improved their results.

Where has this reputation of fair play by Stoke come from? It doesn't match the FA records.

In the FA list of discipline in all games, they lie third from the top, behind Sunderland and Aston Villa, with 75 bookings, 2 red cards and 320 disciplinary points. from 34 games. In comparison, Everton have 58 bookings, 3 red cards and 262 points from 31 games.

Against Blackburn in the cup, Stoke had four men booked, one man sent off and committed 17 fouls. Marshall dislocated his shoulder in a collision that went unpunished. The Lancashire Telegraph reported 'a breathless and feisty first half'. The BBC reported on Everton-Stoke, 'Most of the action came in the first half, with a crunching Glenn Whelan tackle on Stones setting the early tone for a blood-and-thunder encounter.'

Meanwhile, Everton have committed fewer fouls than any other Premier League team.

Where has this reputation of fair play by Stoke come from? It doesn't match the FA records.

In the FA list of discipline in all games, they lie third from the top, behind Sunderland and Aston Villa, with 75 bookings, 2 red cards and 320 disciplinary points. from 34 games. In comparison, Everton have 58 bookings, 3 red cards and 262 points from 31 games.

Against Blackburn in the cup, Stoke had four men booked, one man sent off and committed 17 fouls. Marshall dislocated his shoulder in a collision that went unpunished. The Lancashire Telegraph reported 'a breathless and feisty first half'. The BBC reported on Everton-Stoke, 'Most of the action came in the first half, with a crunching Glenn Whelan tackle on Stones setting the early tone for a blood-and-thunder encounter.'

Meanwhile, Everton have committed fewer fouls than any other Premier League team.
Everton have committed fewer fouls but thats because we don't tackle as much.
Our players stand off their opponent too much and let them dictate which is not a good thing

Our players stand off their opponent too much and let them dictate which is not a good thing

Barry, McCarthy, Besic and Naismith don't stand off much.

Perhaps it's because we often have more possession than the opponents.

Or perhaps we just know how to tackle.

Daz.....the fouls committed is in direct proportion to the possession percentage.

We invariably win the possession ergo as we have the ball more often than the ither team we will neither be tackling or fouling as much as them :)

Last night was just the same old same old. Teams aren't bothered whether we see a lot of the ball. They know we will create very little as long as they sit back, hold their shape and hit on the break. We even had more possession at Arsenal on Sunday, which must be a rarity at their place. Stoke did the same last night. At the Arsenal game the 2 lads next to me were saying during the second half that they would wait until Arsenal got their second and then probably leave. This was at a time when we were seeing a lot of the ball but there was almost no confidence that we would score. It was pretty much the same last night. This system is not working. Everyone can see that apart from the manager, apparently. I've been to seven away games this season and the only one we've won has been Palace, which was the only one where they had more possession than us. The difference between last season and this is that teams have simply sussed us out and know how to nullify Martinez's only system. In Europe so far teams have pressed us and we are able to hit them on the break to great effect. In the league this does not happen. Once we come up against a European team who play in the same way as league teams do we will struggle there too.

Posting this in here because the Martinez Out thread is an abomination.

He's a dead man walking but won't be sacked while we are still in Europe. Of the many reasons given for our problems, the most important one by far is that the players don't believe in what he is doing which is a recipe for disaster from which there is no way back.

We'll scrape over the line and stay up by the skin of our teeth. Which is unacceptable.

Can't see Bill giving him the transfer kitty in the summer so the plug will be pulled at the end of the season.

It is easy to nullify a manager's system when he only has one. Martinez (unfortunately) is a one trick pony...in words and tactics. Sad, because I was one of his biggest fans

Posting this in here because the Martinez Out thread is an abomination.

He's a dead man walking but won't be sacked while we are still in Europe. Of the many reasons given for our problems, the most important one by far is that the players don't believe in what he is doing which is a recipe for disaster from which there is no way back.

We'll scrape over the line and stay up by the skin of our teeth. Which is unacceptable.

Can't see Bill giving him the transfer kitty in the summer so the plug will be pulled at the end of the season.

Absoltely no way BK will get rid, hell let it drift, thats his way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back